Full Time Employee
Web Application and Support Lead (Job Number:415058)
SAIC is looking for a Web Application and Support Lead located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB), IL.
The Web Application and Support Lead is responsible for ensuring system availability and reliability for all SQL, Web, network monitoring, and portal servers supporting USTRANSCOM locations. Systems to be maintained are on SIPRNet, and NIPRNet networks. The Web Application and Support Lead prepares reports on status, outage, and performance of current systems and provides impact assessments of new systems. The Web Application and Support Lead will be responsible for managing portal administrators, graphics designer, content management personnel, system administrators, Web developers, and database developers/architects.
The Web Application and Support Lead should be able to demonstrate experience with the following:
- Team Leader responsibilities
- Broad understanding of information technology principles, concepts, and techniques including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings to customers, senior DoD, and non-DoD officials
- Systems architecture development
- Extensive knowledge and planning skills in the area of system integration testing, Web application development and networks, such as those described in this PWS.
- Experience with software test and evaluation plans
- Design and implement COOP program with alternate site
- Collaborate with and assist in the development of security fixes with security engineers and development teams
- Knowledgeable on Web policies stated in OSD Web Site Administration, DoD Instruction 5230.29, DoD Directives 5230.9 and 5200.40
- Responsible for implementing security and access controls
- Ability to analyze requirements and ensure the capture of business processes
- Experience providing support gathering, documenting, testing, and deploying of Web content
- Ability to develop, implement, and maintain web-based application systems
- Experience in developing, testing, and implementing Web parts for the portal
- Understand and develop reports using SQL
- Ability to complete a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary security assessment addressing both content and technical issues at least annually on all portal/web/SQL servers
- SharePoint experience, including architecture, installation, configuration, Web parts, and best practices
- Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with Web database solutions definite assets
- Understanding of virtual environments with knowledge of clustering
- Provide technical and application (e.g., Apache, Tomcat, and ColdFusion) support to configure primary and secondary services supporting Web shop managed portals (both development and production).
- Identify “best practices” to enhance the security posture of all servers, Web sites, Web portals and Web applications and provide report to government representative.
- Ensure primary and secondary servers are mirror images, to include a change log recording modifications (configuration setting changes, etc.).
Skills: The minimum skills and experience/working knowledge required:
- NIST and DoD security policies, directives, and guidelines
- Web server architecture design and implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of HTML, .NET, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, and ColdFusion applications and technologies
- Network and Web architecture and design (e.g., security stack and integration with office automation products and services to include production, test, development, and demilitarized zone (DMZ) enclaves).
- VMware functionality and security
- Ensures DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) configurations are applied to Web servers and applications
- Ensures release package deployments, system patch management, and IAVM vulnerability patching is applied as needed
- Auditing (e.g., system accounts, security logs, system and network anomalies)
- Security Metrics – capture & documentation
- Technical writing – technical documents and user training materials
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience, with at least four (4) of those involving application of DoD policy, direction, and guidance to customer environments
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Travel: (2) trips 1-5 days each Work Location: The United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB), IL
- **Must possess an active Secret clearance ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jan 4, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MO-ST. LOUIS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: