Full Time Employee
Junior Engineer (Job Number:415375)
This position will provide engineering support for work involving C4I, ASW, USW, MIW and Combat Systems engineering, analytical, logistics and technical support to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC). Work involves primarily supporting a Senior Systems Engineer, Senior Engineer and/or a Technical Program Manager in trouble shooting, repair, assessment analysis, inspection, root cause localization, identification, maintenance training, logistics configuration support, alteration development /installation, and/or long term problem resolution, related to the specific shipboard equipment. Support to ship systems include any and all systems and equipment both major and minor, that comprise the C4I, ASW, USW, MIW and Combat Systems and suites, including their power supplies, ancillary, peripheral, sensors, support equipment, trainers, training and tactical software, and handling systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or Physics from an accredited four (4) year engineering college or university, or a Technology Degree in Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four (4) year college or university.
- Knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs typically used in engineering and related disciplines.
- Must have good communication skills to interface with numerous engineering and trade level personnel and work with minimal supervision.
- 1-5 Years working in any engineering capacity for DoD or U.S. Navy. - Experience in systems engineering or reliability engineering a plus.
- Ability to interact with multiple maintenance activities and effectively communicate technical information with senior engineers, technicians, Project Managers and Maintenance Team personnel.
- Background in technical writing and organizational abilities are desired.
- *Active DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.**
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: