Full Time Employee
Senior Security Systems Engineer (Job Number:416537)
SAIC will be providing systems engineering, research, and development for a Navy customer at Dahlgren, VA, supporting military communications and networking technologies, ensuring cyber security across the Navy enterprise. You will serve as a recognized expert/technical authority in Cyber and Cyber Security, to include cyber situational awareness, trust, resilience, and information assurance. Your technical leadership will influence major projects and complex weapons systems that influence Navy modernization programs. You will provide technical support and guidance to core and matrix engineers and scientists, analyzing current systems/architectures and developing differentiated solutions that address customer requirements.
Senior Security Systems Engineer:
- 5 years’ experience in engineering and securing DoD systems and be certified as IAM Level II or Level III per DoD 8570.01, or successor.
- When performing as an Information Assurance Office or Information Systems Security Officer, an IAM Level II or Level III certification per DoD 8570.01, or successor, must be held and maintained. If performing as a Privileged User (Individuals who have access to system control, monitoring, or administration functions (e.g., system administrator, IAO/ISSO, system programmers, etc.) a final adjudicated Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with an IT level-1 designation in JPAS must be achieved and maintained.
- At least two (2) Senior Security Systems Engineer shall have a Top Secret Security Clearances; and at least one Senior Security Systems Engineer shall be SCI eligible. (See Mandatory Requirements C.12.0);
- Fully Qualified Navy Validator. (See Mandatory Requirements C.12.0)
- At least two Senior Security Systems Engineers shall be a Fully Qualified Marine Corps Validator. (See Mandatory Requirements C.12.0)
- Possess an in-depth understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies, and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Experience executing all aspects of the Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) Process.
- Possess an in-depth understanding and experience in DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation
- Process (DIACAP), Platform IT (PIT), and the implementation of Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques and various IA-enabled appliances. Examples of these appliances and applications are Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Switch/Routers, Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS).
The ideal candidate should possess the ability to:
· Author DoD IA Certification and Accreditation (C&A) artifacts.
· Document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
· Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2.
· Lead the research, recommend and document logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited
Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations.
· Lead the identification of disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and design implementations to bring the system into compliance.
· Plan, Develop, execute and document results of security test procedures.
· Lead the analysis and testing of a designated US Naval warfare system against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits.
· Lead and perform as Information Assurance Officer to be focal point for all security matters related to specific sets of information systems.
· Lead the preparation and execution an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan.
· Lead the preparation and production of a System Security Administrator and Operators Manual (SSAOM).
· Lead obtaining Authorization To Operate (ATO) and resolve issues in the event a US Naval warfare system is issued an Interim Authorization To Operate (IATO).
· Lead the technical support effort in identifying and specifying requirements and performing risk assessments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides security engineering analysis on a variety of information systems, analyzing and resolving INFOSEC technical problems.
- Supports the integration of INFOSEC solutions and technologies into networks with particular attention to protocols, interfaces, and system design.
- Conceptualizes and implements security systems, architectures, and tools to include capabilities for cyber situational awareness, trust, resilience, and information assurance.
- Configures testbeds and conducts verification testing, records and analyzes results, and provides recommendations for improvements for the products/systems under test.
- Supports development of security accreditation/certification documentation, and creating and maintaining security policy and procedures.
- Performs security certification engineering analysis, vulnerability assessments, and risk assessments.
- Develops test procedures, establishing test environments, executing security certification test/demonstrations/evaluations, documenting results, and developing reports, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Conducts market research for hardware and software COTS/GOTS network products for network intrusion detection, Customer Usage, Audit trails, Denial of Services, Attack Alert, and other applications for administration of electronics ISS (Internet Security Systems) functions
- Master's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years relevant experience.
- Top Secret security clearance.
- DoD 8570 certification IAT-II or IASAE-II (level III preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy and regulations to include Government security policies to include DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), Risk Management Framework (RMF), COMSEC and NIST 800-53 policy.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or security administration of Unix or Windows network/systems.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, SEC+, CASP, CISA, CISM, GSEC, GCED, or similar.
- Experience with Navy command, control, and communication systems
- Familiarity with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), Information Assurance, DIACAP
- Familiarity with Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) technologies for voice and data sharing.
- Familiarity with Computer Network Defense (CND) technologies including Guard, Firewall, Secure Network Server, format security solutions, "Smart Cards", and emerging technologies and future trends.
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and work in protocol and/or interface standards specification is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2016, 12:36:30 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
To apply for this job, contact: