Full Time Employee
Windows Systems Administrator (Job Number:416571)
SAIC has an opening for a Windows System Administrator located in Middleton, RI.
The Windows System Administrator will perform various system administration duties in a large Windows 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012R2 server environment.
- Assist in implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2 Server, as well as other Microsoft and third party applications in support of compliance and cyber security guidelines.
- Manages daily operations of local and wide area networks within span of control.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage.
- Involves comprehensive knowledge of this technical field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to complex scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and criteria for obtaining results.
- *MUST HAVE SECRET CLEARANCE OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE**
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Extensive knowledge (5-7 years of experience) of implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows technologies (2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2 Server Operating Systems).
- General knowledge of Active Directory Group Policy development and implementation.
- General knowledge implementing Microsoft server hardening principles and practices.
- General knowledge implementing and administering Microsoft Clustering technologies
- A minimum of 5 years? experience providing system and hardware level support on Dell and HP Server technology.
- General knowledge of data center management and server rack management.
- A current CompTIA Security+ with CE.
- One of the following Microsoft certifications: MCSE in Server 2008 or 2012, MCSA in Server 2008 or 2012 or MCITP-Server Administrator in Server 2008 or 2012. Must have at time of hire or within 1 month of start date.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 24, 2016, 12:52:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-RI-MIDDLETOWN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: