Combat Systems Alignment Senior Technician AND DB Support - 14 (Job Number:417000)
Location: Norfolk, VA and other U.S. and International locations
The selected applicant will be part of a team to provide engineering and technical services for Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Combat System Alignment program support and assist MARMC?s alignment team in providing alignment support for all elements of Combat System and Navigation System Alignments aboard US Navy and US Coast Guard ships.
This work includes:
- Applying Combat System Alignment principles and theory, including math and geometry involving rectangular graphs and plots and polar coordinate plots.
- Measuring, analyzing and correcting or compensating for combat system element pointing errors, roller path inclination errors between Combat System Elements, Navigation Gyro pitch, roll and heading errors.
- Adjusting and zeroing electro-mechanical devices (synchros, encoders, etc.) and lasers used to transmit and receive position information.
- Conducting ?in place? foundation leveling (machining, control welding, etc.).
- Collecting, maintaining and analyzing data to be used in formal Combat System Alignment Reports.
Support to maintain Combat System Alignment equipment will include:
- Repair, calibration and maintenance of the Combat System Alignment equipment set.
- Digital Inclination Data Systems and supporting equipment and applications.
- Minimum of five (5) years hand-on experience working with Combat System Alignments on all classes of Navy and Coast Guard ships and submarines.
- NAVSEA senior level qualification/certification in Combat Systems Alignment or nearing completion of qualification/certification.
- Ability to function in various alignment team roles such as instrument man, team leader, report writer, data recorder, data base entry and Analog/Digital Inclination Data System operator.
- Experience with and understanding of NAVSEA AEGIS Weapons System Alignment Adaptation Data standard operating procedures.
- Ability to use and maintain star references, theodolites, API and FARO lasers, precision scales, and other equipment used to acquire measure and verify all manner of shore and shipboard reference points and lines.
- Experience with NMCI computer programs to input data and process reports.
- Demonstrated advanced capability with data acquisition equipment.
- Experience gained at a PHD, MOTU, FTSC, MARMC, or an RMC is a plus.
- Must have a valid U.S. Passport.
- Must have an active DOD SECRET clearance.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 50% or more
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Mar 2, 2016, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job