Full Time Employee
Linux System Administrator (Job Number:417171)
The Contractor shall provide experienced Intermediate LINUX Systems Administrators (ILSA) who are responsible for providing technical knowledge on LINUX system administration issues, hands-on systems administration, backup and restore, system design and optimization, installing and configuring software, and interacting with users.
The ILSA shall:
a) Be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the IT security of assigned systems, including user accounts and accreditation.
b) Monitor the servers and user workstations for failures and errors, including system hardware and software, file system, and network interfaces.
c) Configure and monitor tape backups and restores. RFQ Number: N00173-16-Q- 6701 Attachment (1) 6
d) Maintain the hardware and software, interacting with vendors for support when required.
e) Provide a positive user experience including training, documentation, trouble-shooting, and help desk ticket resolution.
f) Propose, plan, and implement system improvements and new systems.
DELL servers and workstations and other vendor’s computers, Spectra Logic tape libraries, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) equipment including Network Appliance (NetApp) and RAID Inc. arrays, Fibre Channel storage devices, Infiniband and Myrinet interconnections, and Ethernet network devices and cabling. (2) Software Knowledge: RedHat Enterprise LINUX, Red Hat Satellite, NetApp Data ONTAP, Network File System (NFS), Domain Name Service (DNS), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Yellowdog Updater Modified (YUM), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Postfix, ROCKS Cluster Distribution, Portland Group and Intel compilers, Apache, Tomcat, PHP, PERL, Python, Symantec Netbackup, Cerberus Help Desk, MediaWiki, and Microsoft Office.
Desired Personnel Requirements
- At least five (5) years of experience in LINUX system administration, preferably within DoD.
- At least three (3) years of experience with storage systems and networks.
- At least three (3) years of experience providing services to end users, preferably to scientists and software engineers.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of LINUX system administration including DNS, LDAP, FTP, NFS, and Apache software, ROCKS clusters and interconnect technologies, NetApp, RAID SAN and NAS technologies, Tape backup and restore, Help Desk and Wiki support tools, and DIACAP accreditation processes.
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Comp TIA LINUX+ certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 4, 2016, 6:05:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MONTEREY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: