Full Time Employee
Windows System Administrator (Job Number:417180)
The Contractor shall provide experienced Intermediate Windows Systems Administrators (IWSA) who are responsible for interacting with users and providing deep technical knowledge on Windows system administration issues, hands-on systems administration, system design and optimization, installing, configuring and trouble-shooting software, and performing basic and simple electronic instrument installation and maintenance.
The IWSA shall:
a) Be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the IT security of assigned systems, including user accounts and accreditation.
b) Monitor user workstations, laptops and servers and tune their performance, including system settings, file system, and network performance.
c) Maintain the hardware and software, interacting with vendors for support when required.
d) Provide basic and simple electronic instrument installation and maintenance, including cable manufacturing.
e) Provide a positive user experience including training, documentation, trouble-shooting, and help desk ticket resolution.
f) Propose, plan, and implement system improvements and new systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Hardware Knowledge: DELL workstations, Toshiba laptops and other vendor’s computers, computer component diagnosis and replacement, small electronic instrumentation, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) equipment including RAID Inc. arrays and Fibre Channel storage devices, Ethernet network devices and cabling, and computer displays.
Software Knowledge: Microsoft Windows 7 and Server 2012, Microsoft Office, Exchange, Active Directory, and Visual Studio, VMWare vSphere, Adobe, McAfee VirusScan, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Symantec Netbackup, and MediaWiki.
Desired Personnel Skills:
- At least ten (10) years of experience in Windows system administration, preferably within DoD.
- At least five (5) years of experience in simple electronic instrument installation and maintenance.
- At least five (5) years of experience providing services to end users, preferably to scientists and software engineers.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Windows system administration primarily focusing on Microsoft Windows and Office software, anti-virus, Adobe and web browser software, Help Desk and Wiki support tools, and DIACAP accreditation processes.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), Comp TIA Security+ certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2016, 12:26:30 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MONTEREY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: