Full Time Employee
Network Engineer - INSCOM (Job Number:417263)
SAIC currently has an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to provide engineering for a government-owned Software Integration Lab (SIL) at Ft. Belvoir, VA. The successful candidate will design and implement complex network systems supporting the mission of the US Army.
- Serve as a Network Engineer as part of an integrated technical team that supports a highly complex suite of Unified Cloud Database (UCD)/Distributed Common Ground Station-Army (DCGS-A) cloud-based architecture and other cloud- based capabilities within a systems integration lab (SIL) in support of SW integration for fielded systems, proof of concepts, and technology insertion assessments for emerging technology.
- The selected candidates will be responsible for network support for all components and systems, with key tasks that include designing, engineering and installing of the network and VoIP solutions. Selected candidate will be responsible also for the configuration of routers, switches, load balancers and firewall system.
- The selected candidate will also support the system risk assessment, network test planning and execution, technical design and assessments, and the system security procedures and processes as required.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors; preferred Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering
- Must be able and willing to work on Fort Belvoir (no telecommuting)
- Must have SW troubleshooting experience with both the traditional Cisco IOS based devices and the Nexus brand of switches.
- Must have experience with establishing networking environments by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Must have experience with network testing, and with network documentation of system behavior, performance, and security.
- Must have experience with the planning, designing, and troubleshooting of network infrastructure, including routers, firewalls, switches, gateways, DNS servers, DHCP servers, clustering solutions, and related hardware, software, and services.
- Expert level written and oral communication skills; great interpersonal skills; must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a cohesive team, and must have demonstrated ability to prepare and effectively deliver technical products such as white papers, research reports, information and decision briefings, and analytical products.
- CCIE certified (Cisco and HP network devices certifications desired)
- Highly desired: experience with US Army Intelligence architectures, Distributed Common Ground Station (DCGS), and/or Intelligence Community (IC) cloud-based network architectures. Experience with the Unified Cloud Database (UCD) architecture.
- Highly desired: experience with DCGS-A IC-ITE cloud, graphic user interface (GUI), DCGS-A applications, and analyst interface.
- Highly desired: System engineering experience for Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL, MySQL, PostGRES, PostGIS, Accumulo, NoSQL.
- Familiarity with Virtual routing and switching, network security and implementation, and Atlassian Support suite.
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance and have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Counter Intelligence (CI) Poly
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2016, 2:48:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: