Full Time Employee Contractor
Fort Leonard Wood
Must be capable of constructing breadboard interface circuitry (digital, analog, and hybrid circuits), special cabling, etc. in support of system test bed/development facilities and for special system/software test fixtures. Must possess sufficient technical electronics knowledge and experience to perform above construction from preliminary sketches/design information furnished by project engineer. Digital/hybrid/analog electronics technician is required. Military experience is highly desirable.
The Standard Army Maintenance System – Enhanced (SAMS-E) is a single system that allows the U.S. Army to manage over 1 million vehicle and repair parts at a very high rate of readiness. The position requires a unique knowledge of SAMS-E and the modules and programs that are part of the overall system.
Assist new users with managing system requirements and techniques to operate and maintain records using SAMS-E, including assisting users in the operation of SAMS-E/IE.
• Provide telephonic and on-site support services to assist in resolving user problems and perform software troubleshooting.
• Load, update, and troubleshoot the software, hardware and firmware of SAMS-E. This includes installing all Software Change Packages (SCP), patches and new version uploads on both laptops and servers and providing user training after the system upgrades.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, remove and replace system hardware components.
• Troubleshoot and resolve relational database problems, restore system files, fix corrupt files, rebuild data files, and maintain the security files.
• Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of a MS Windows Professional server operating system and the server hardware.
• Provide remote and on-site briefings and Over the Shoulder (OTS) training on all aspects of SAMS-E, including training on procedures, roles and responsibilities of SAMS-E/IE.
• Must be willing to travel up to 25 %
To apply for this job, contact: