Full Time Employee Contractor
Must be capable of performing analysis of system operations. Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components. Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components. Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards. A minimum of two (2) years experience in performing similar or related work in the functional area to which assigned is required. Military experience is desirable.
The Standard Army Maintenance System – Enhanced (SAMS-E) is a single system that allows the U.S. Army to manage over 1 million vehicle and repair parts at a very high rate of readiness. The position requires a unique knowledge of SAMS-E and the modules and programs that are part of the overall system.
Assist new users with managing system requirements and techniques to operate and maintain records using SAMS-E, including assisting users in the operation of SAMS-E/IE.
• Provide telephonic and on-site support services to assist in resolving user problems and perform software troubleshooting.
• Load, update, and troubleshoot the software, hardware and firmware of SAMS-E. This includes installing all Software Change Packages (SCP), patches and new version uploads on both laptops and servers and providing user training after the system upgrades.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, remove and replace system hardware components.
• Troubleshoot and resolve relational database problems, restore system files, fix corrupt files, rebuild data files, and maintain the security files.
• Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of a MS Windows Professional server operating system and the server hardware.
• Provide remote and on-site briefings and Over the Shoulder (OTS) training on all aspects of SAMS-E, including training on procedures, roles and responsibilities of SAMS-E/IE.
• Must be willing to travel up to 25 %
To apply for this job, contact: