Full Time Employee
Network Engineer II (Job Number:417395)
SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer who will research and analyze cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements. Evaluate products against the Customer’s operational requirements. Assist with the implementation of security solutions, encryption devices or comparable technology. Research, develop requirements for, evaluate, test and implement new or improved information security software, devices or systems. Assists with the prototyping of new security solutions based on customer requirements. Responsible for applying a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement prototype solutions, to ensure they are consistent with the sponsor’s security policies regarding the enterprise technical architecture. Responsible for researching, designing, developing and implementing proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assist in highly focused, quick turnaround market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements. Responsible for assisting in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- 5 years of Experience Executing standardized Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- 5 years of research and development in the following environments: Networks, Wireless and Web Application.
- Ability to conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Presents any security issues that are found with an impact assessment and recommendation(s) for mitigation or a technical solution.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Experience assessing system information security policies against client policies.
- Ability to evaluate security components against their ability to resist threats in the deployed environment, configurations and implementation of firewalls, proxy servers, routers, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), IDS, wireless networks, etc., against legal requirements, departmental/local policy, industry best practices and vendor recommendations.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION: BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Physics.
TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 2:31:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: