Full Time Employee
Open Source Analyst (Job Number:417414)
SAIC currently has a contingency position for a Open Source Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) at Fort Meade, Maryland.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The successful candidate will assist with analyzing various forms of network traffic in support of incident response. Identify new exploits and security vulnerabilities, analyze behavior of malicious code, research open source data, and document host/network signatures and develop mitigation and remediation strategies. Conduct open source research to identify and analyze known and unknown vulnerabilities. And assist with the collaboration, correlation, and analysis of cyberspace incident reports derived from reliable sources, network sensors, vulnerability management devices, open source information, and DoD component provided situational awareness of known adversary activities.
Daily activities include:
1. Collects and analyzes foreign- and domestic-based publicly available information to identify trends, patterns, and relationships that provide unique insights into cyber security issues
2. Provide insight into emerging cyber threats and tactics used to breach secure DoD IT infrastructure and publicly-traded U.S. and international corporations
3. Researches and evaluates currently available and/or emerging best practices to best mitigate cyber risks
4. Collaborates closely with experts in cyber disciplines/specialties to perform advanced research, analysis, and fusion of information from a variety of sources to prepare a multi-layered analysis/product to support assigned projects
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as an Open Source Analyst.
- Demonstrated experience contingency and crisis planning functions and operational planning
- Significant experience on or in support of a major staff, i.e.; Joint Staff or CCMD staff.
- Staff experience researching and writing white papers, compliance reports and assessment reports in support of activities for defining policy.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of relevant experience
TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 24, 2016, 6:47:11 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: