Full Time Employee
EMS-NG Tech Writer (Job Number:417486)
- The Technical Writer/Editor will be responsible for developing and editing content for operator/operator maintenance, battle damage repair, and field level repair and parts manuals in support of ACV 1.1.
- The writer/editor must have at least five (5) continuous years experience authoring in XML using either Arbortext or EMS-NG authoring tools, preferably EMS-NG experience.
- The writer/editor must have experience working with DTD 4.0 or later, preferably DTD 5.0, and troubleshooting publishing errors with tagging or style sheets.
- Must know how to read engineering drawings and is familiar with using provisioning data to design/develop technical manuals.
- Additionally, they will assist in support and coordination with logistics personnel conducting manpower analysis, task analysis, and training development.
- The writer/editor shall be able to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language, including technical language and terms associated with the operation, operator, and maintenance of the ACV 1.1. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written.
- The ability to effectively cope with change and able to handle ambiguity.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School and 5 years or more related experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 16, 2016, 12:50:25 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-HANAHAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: