Full Time Employee
Chief Engineer of Cloud Integration - INSCOM (Job Number:417504)
SAIC currently has an opportunity for a Cloud Integration Chief Engineer to provide engineering for a government-owned Software Integration Lab (SIL) at Ft. Belvoir, VA. The successful candidate will lead the design and implementation of complex IT Intelligence and IT architectures and systems with a focus on virtualization, cloud automation, and virtualized networking.
- Analyzing business and technical requirements and translating them into technical solutions leveraging cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Integrate newly developed and existing applications into private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
- Develop systems engineering artifacts.
- Create training materials and mentor other team members with regards to operation of the virtual infrastructure.
- Oversee security engineering and accreditation of several complex architectures.
- Manage and oversee daily technical performance of a complex and distributed technical team to ensure integration deliverables are met within scope, schedule, and minimized risks.
- Brief and interact on behalf of the Program Manager with senior technical leaders from the government, Military, Intelligence Community (IC), and academia.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the Program Manager and government customer for all technical matters related to the SIL and fielded systems.
Our Cloud Integration Chief Engineer role offers you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work and projects. You'll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your business and technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority. You will be introduced to cutting edge tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Bachelor's degree; ) desired fields include computer science, computer engineering, information systems, cyber security or a related field
- Must meet baseline IA certification requirements for an IAT Level III position per DoD 8570.01-M (CISSP, CASP, GCED, GCIH, CISA) within 6 months of hire.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)/Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)/Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility and directly relevant experience in information systems design, implementation and operations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cloud-based systems design, implementation and operations
- Minimum 3 years of experience with design, implementation and operations of server virtualization technology (e.g. vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with design, implementation and operations of IT systems running in public cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Azure, vCloud Air)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in design, implementation and operations of Intelligence Community cloud architectures
- Minimum 3 years of experience with scripting languages and IT automation tools (e.g. Bash, Perl, VBScript, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, vCD, vCAC/vRA)
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on server management in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Knowledge of Federal and DoD Guidance (DoDD 8500.1, DoDI 8500.2), DITSCAP, Risk Management Framework (RMF), DIACAP, NIACAP, NIST, and DoD Certification & Accreditation processes.
- Technical experience within the US Army Distributed Common Ground Station-Army ICITE cloud, Unified Common Database (UCD), and other IC cloud-base architectures are highly desirable.
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance, held by the DoD. TS/SCI with full-scope poly is highly preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 29, 2016, 9:34:01 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: