Full Time Employee
Network Administrator (Job Number:417678)
Will be responsible for installing and configuring over 400 switches for the United States Navy
- Team primary responsibilities lie in the configuration, management, support and maintenance of the US Army Recruiting Command Services (RSN) network
- Team provides 24X7 support for all RSN communications equipment (routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers, wireless access points, VPN concentrators, and UPS) and circuits in the network while providing on call coverage on a monthly rotation cycle
- Candidate will be expected to be the technical subject matter expert on communication solutions operating under minimum supervision for a large complex enterprise organization
- Is responsible for evaluating and analyzing the performance of communications services, defining communication baselines and communications service levels for the enterprise
- Is responsible for the implementation of control and monitoring systems to assist in the evaluation of performance of communications services
- Is responsible for the full documentation of the enterprise communications architecture to include drawings, diagrams, operations manuals and other applicable data
- Supervises and mentors less experienced staff
- Can work independently on most efforts
AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; Or, High School and seven (7) years related experience with relevant certification.
- Prefer certification as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Professional is required.
- Must be able to apply best practices in modifying and securing the environment to ensure the application environment meets All Information Assurance requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- LAN switching & routing & Ethernet networks along with IP routing, configuration, troubleshooting of switched & routed networks
- Individual must be fully capable of addressing all levels of trouble calls or network events.
- Strong network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & IP
- Have an In-depth understanding of software installation and operations
- Working experience on data communication equipment - Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Tester, ATM Tester, optical power meter, etc.
- Design, development, deployment, problem identification and remediation, and on-going support of a very large WAN Environment
- Very strong working experience with Fiber Optics, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Gateway, DTE & DCE equipment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, fast technology learner and ability to independently perform tasks
- Excellent communication skills to interface Network Operation Groups, Engineering, customer, vendor and third party personnel
- Provide engineering planning and management support
- Determine optimal routing through the network
Ability to troubleshoot network performance problems
- Determine appropriate circuit types and capacities
- Develop conceptual solutions for migration from an ATM core backbone to a MPLS- based infrastructure
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
- Possess a SECRET clearance
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a Security+ Certification and be enrolled in the CompTIA Continuing Education program before start date.
- Must sign privileged level access agreement
- Team player, strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi- task
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 22, 2016, 9:44:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: