Full Time Employee
Technical Support - Program Management (Submerged Hull) (Job Number:417619)
The Technical SETA is expected to take a leadership role in overseeing the technical/programmatic execution of the program relative to the established program plan.
- Provide technical support to the Government Program Manager (PM) across all aspects of the program, with a majority of the assistance aligned to the following areas:
- Program Management: Coordination, alignment, and scheduling of technology development tasks across multiple performers; continuous program plan analysis to monitor/assess evolving cost and schedule impacts (e.g. including items such as task progress, status of associated interdependencies, schedule slack, etc.); performance assessment and milestone completion; and periodic risk analysis/review and tracking
- Technical: Assimilation and integration of technical inputs from multiple performers; analysis of performers' technical deliverables and reports; independent review and summary of related technical literature and emerging technologies; technical writing and development/refinement of briefing materials and/or other program documentation
- Test and Evaluation: Development/documentation of testing methodology and protocols; alignment with program technology components; and integrated assessment of performer achievements
- Interact with (and assist with the coordination across) multiple performer teams (e.g. drawn from industry and academia), several T&E contributors (e.g. government labs, warfare centers, Federally- Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs), and University-Affiliated Research Centers (UARCs)), and many government transition partners.
- Provide technical and programmatic support for other technology/program development activities (beyond this program), including support for seedlings/studies, new start development, and other related work.
- If necessary, provide support for specific deliverables in support of program activities; assist with modifying the Task Order as needed.
- B.S. degree in engineering or physics
- Fully fluent in the art of program management and its associated processes & toolsets (e.g. Gantt charts, risk matrices, etc.) with 5+ years of experience in a lead program manager role
- Sound understanding of systems engineering fundamentals
- 5+ years of experience in applied research and development involving unmanned vehicles and/or Maritime / undersea systems
- Familiarity with 3+ technology areas related to AUV design, such as autonomy, communications, navigation, hull/mechanical, propulsion, sensors, vehicle control, power/energy, signature reduction
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently within a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment
- Must include / Provide: (1) a detailed description of prior program management experience that addresses the candidate's specific role within the development, the nature of the development (e.g. R&D vs. acquisition), program budget/duration, and applicable technology domains (e.g. undersea, maritime, space, unmanned systems, communications, etc.); (2) a summary describing the depth/breadth of the candidate's technical background; (3) a 1-3 page writing sample such as a white paper, report, or technical publication (excerpts are acceptable).
- 10+ years of experience in a lead program management role; management of larger / more complex projects; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Direct experience as a lead systems engineer
- 10+ years of experience in applied research and development relating to autonomous underwater vehicles, payloads, and systems integration
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2016, 1:20:31 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLLEGE PARK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: