Full Time Employee
Linux Engineer (Job Number:417864)
Linux Systems Engineer. Provides and maintains support for a cluster of RedHat servers, position includes integrating with R&D DevOps and demonstrating proactive approach in deploying and maintaining a pre-production environment. Within this role the individual will architect, install, configure and optimize cloud computing systems and networks in a Linux based environment.
- High level operational maintenance, support and upgrades of complex operating systems Recommending, designing, and implementing systems management and automation systems
- Scheduling installations and upgrades per local policies and procedure
- Designing, configuring and tuning high availability Linux systems
- Assisting in implementing, executing, maintaining, and documenting proper procedures
- Participate in the modernization of product deployments, upgrades and maintenance
- Assisting with the management of data storage
- Installing, configuring, and managing network switches, load balancers, console servers, and other network devices.
- Working closely with other IT departments to help determine and develop systems that will be implemented.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 9+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Secret level clearance
- IAT Level II certification or greater (SSCP, CCNA-Security, GSEC, Security+ CE)
- At least five years of Linux system administration experience (RHEL / CENTOS)
- Experience working as DevOps
- Experience with production environment, cloud and data centers
- Experience scripting skills with experience in Python, Ruby, Bash or other scripting languages
- Experience with NoSQL Data stores
- Network skills and familiarity with networks and network security – Cisco and Foundry
- Experience with automation / configuration management tools – Puppet or similarexperience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2016, 1:47:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: