Full Time Employee
Cybersecurity Engineer (Job Number:417309)
SAIC is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to help ensure the rigorous application of cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all information technology (IT) and cybersecurity services. Develops recommendations and courses of action to solve complex cybersecurity problems. Develops and interprets cybersecurity requirements as part of the IT acquisition development process and assists in the formulation of cybersecurity/IT budgets. Plans, integrates, and schedules the installation of new or modified security hardware, operating systems, and software applications. Supervises the assessment and implementation of identified computer and network environment fixes such as system patches and fixes associated with specific technical vulnerabilities as part of the Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management program. Guides the implementation of appropriate operational structures and processes to ensure an effective cybersecurity program including boundary defense, incident detection and response. Evaluates functional operation and performance in light of test results and makes recommendations regarding certification and accreditation (C&A). Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of C&A documentation. Coordinates with the certifiers and accreditors to achieve and maintain authorities to test and authorities to operate. Analyzes, develops, evaluates, and integrates cybersecurity policies. Assists in the gathering and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes. Identifies the IT security program implications of new technologies or technology upgrades. Conducts cybersecurity cost benefit, economic and risk analysis in the IT acquisition decision making process. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of cybersecurity procedures and safeguards. Evaluates security violations to determine necessary initial and long term corrective action. Assesses impact, determines probable damage and suggest methods of damage control, conducts computer forensics and follow-on analysis to build historical and predictive capabilities for cybersecurity incidents. Develops cybersecurity related customer support policies, procedures, and standards. Designs perimeter defense systems including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, grid sensors, etc.; enhances rule sets to detect or block sources of malicious traffic; and establishes a protective net of layered defenses to prevent, detect, and eradicate threats. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of cybersecurity security procedures and safeguards to ensure they provide the intended level of protection.
- 5 years of experience in cybersecurity or Information Assurance
- 5 years of in the following environments: Networks, Wireless and Web Application.
- Ability to conduct certification and accreditation (C&A) assessments.
- Experience with vulnerability scanners such as Retina or Nessus Security Center
- Presents any security issues that are found with an impact assessment and recommendation(s) for mitigation or a technical solution.
- Experience Executing standardized Certification and Accreditation (C&A)
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Experience assessing system information security policies against client policies.
- Ability to evaluate security components against their ability to resist threats in the deployed environment, configurations and implementation of firewalls, proxy servers, routers, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), IDS, wireless networks, etc., against legal requirements, departmental/local policy, industry best practices and vendor recommendations.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- BS in in a technical or business discipline-Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- IAM Level I Certification Required (Security+, CAP, GISF, GSLC)
TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 1:10:17 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: