Full Time Employee Contractor
At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Become an integral part of a diverse ManTech team supporting U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s mission to prevent terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the country while also facilitating lawful international travel and trade.
ManTech is seeking experienced and skilled professionals to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist CBP officers and border enforcement personnel in effectively and efficiently identifying cargo, individuals and conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States; conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats; develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations; and coordinate and enhance analysis and targeting efforts.
As Database Specialist, the candidate for this position will provide database support as part of an integrated agile team that will be responsible using data analytics techniques to develop, maintain and enhance models, tools and software for:
• Intelligence Analysis-Counterterrorism-Network Analysis
• Entity Resolution
• Threat Research Support
• Query Support
The candidate will perform the following responsibilities:
• Gather analyst requirements, identify required data, sources, and relationships, and perform SQL, nonSQL or UIbased application data extraction to produce data sets that meet analyst's requirements.
• Gather analyst requirements, create, organize, and use data stores, create and use indexes, create and use data documents, and optimize the ability to query and retrieve required data
• Save, store, organize and retrieve in an efficient manner analytical products to support analyst's requirements.
• Support hardware and software installation, configuration, optimization, customization, security, and maintenance.
• Support a big data environment that consists of several dozen Hadoop clustered servers and several dedicated indexing servers. Support will range from ingest and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) of external data to application of search and analytics tools.
• Apply predictive analytics to massive data sets (billions of rows, several hundred terabytes of data). Optimize processes for speed and accuracy.
• Balance resources against multiple, high priority, near realtime requests from thousands of concurrent users.
• Support entity resolution, search, ontology development, network visualization, and adhoc querying in the big data environment
• Masters & 0 years OR HS Degree & 15 years of experience
• Experience using Agile techniques to design, develop, enhance, test, debug, and implement software and troubleshoot production problems.
• Experience with Oracle databases and structured query language (SQL).
• Understand Agile methodology, data services development and optimization, middle layer services, Hadoop cluster data loading, indexing, and map reduce.
• Experience with data services development and optimization, middle layer services, Hadoop cluster data loading, indexing, and map reduce.
• Experience in name matching, biometrics, role matching, corporate attributes, address matching, document matching, geotemporal analysis, pattern of life characteristics, and fuzzy logic.
• Statistics experience to derive understanding from Variance, Sensitivity, and Specificity Analysis.
• Experience working in law enforcement or classified intelligence analysis environment.
Clearance: Ability obtain/maintain DHS CBP Suitability
Location: This position will require ability to work from the following addresses:
1. 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria VA 22315
2. Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20229
3. Herndon, VA 20171
4. Reston, VA 20191
To apply for this job, contact: