Full Time Employee
Risk Management Support Task Lead (Job Number:418004)
SAIC is seeking a Risk Assessment Lead to provide support to US TRANSCOM.
The Lead will ensure that systems and applications are designed, developed, and implemented according to the highest security standards and practices, including but not limited to DISA Security Technical Implementation (STIG), Security Content Automaton Protocol (SCAP) or Security Configuration Guides. This position will analyze infrastructure, applications environments and web services from a security perspective. This position will execute threat management, vulnerability management, and breach management processes to prevent, detect, respond and recover from security incidents. This position provides security solutions and evaluates the impact new or updated systems have on the security infrastructure. This position participates in medium to high complexity projects impacting security, prepares reports for management, and consults with application development and infrastructure teams. This individual may perform assessments, analyzes security risks and recommends mitigating and compensating security controls.
- Mastery of IAT Level I and IAT Level II CE/NE knowledge and skills.
- Recommend, schedule, and/or implement IA related repairs within the enclave environment.
- Lead teams and/or support actions to quickly resolve or mitigate IA problems for the enclave environment.
- Provide direction and/or support to system developers regarding correction of security problems identified during testing.
- Evaluate functional operation and performance in light of test results and make recommendations regarding C&A.
- Examine enclave vulnerabilities and determine actions to mitigate them.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of enclave IA security procedures and safeguards.
- Analyze IA security incidents and patterns to determine remedial actions to correct vulnerabilities.
- Provide support for the development of IA related customer support policies, procedures, and standards.
- Analyze IAVAs and Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletins for enclave impact and take or recommend appropriate action.
- Obtain and maintain IA certification appropriate to position. IAM II.5 Participate in an IS risk assessment during the C&A process.
- NIST and DoD security policies, directives, and guidelines including RMF
- Network/system architecture design and implementation
- Current Microsoft server and workstation OS security configurations
- Current Red Hat Linux Enterprise OS security configurations
- Current Unix OS security configurations
- Current Microsoft Windows Group Policy Object (GPO) security configurations
- Network architecture and design (e.g., security stack and integration with office automation products and services to include production, test, development, and DMZ enclaves
- VMware functionality and security
- Database functionality and security, e.g., Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access
- Border device security, e.g., firewall, VLANs, IP Subnetting, Ports and protocols)
- Encryption standards
- Vulnerability scanning, e.g., Retina, Nessus and McAfee HBSS
- Application code scanning with Fortify or other government furnished systems
- Metrics capture & documentation
- Technical writing, to include technical documents and user training materials
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of fourteen (14) years of IA/cyber security experience, with at least four (4) of those involving application of DoD policy, direction, and guidance to customer environments or twelve (12) years of applicable experience and a Masters Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level III Certification and IAM Level II Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Must hold a least a secret clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2016, 12:42:45 PM
Primary Location: United States-IL-SCOTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: