Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
At Rockwell Collins, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins Communication Engineering is seeking a highly motivated Sr Digital Hardware Engineer to join their team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. As part of this team, you’ll be exposed to cutting edge technology, a world class experience and have the ability to significantly contribute to the delivery of our award winning products around the world! A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
This engineer will develop digital hardware circuit boards used in high performance communication products, such as sophisticated software-defined radios and data links. Electrical Engineers at Rockwell Collins perform activities that span all phases of the hardware development lifecycle, including requirements capture, design, integration, verification, factory transition, and customer interface. Primary assignments will include use and application of electrical engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and troubleshoot digital hardware of moderate to high complexity, such as multiple hardware components or mixed electrical technologies, for airborne and ground communication products. This position encompasses new design and product sustaining support roles. The selected candidate will work closely with Systems, Software, Mechanical, Environmental Effects, Manufacturing/Operations and Design-to-Cost staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle.
Candidates must have the following skills:
• Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Experience with schematic capture tools such as DxDesigner or CR-5000
• Circuit board design experience
• Domain knowledge of digital electronics and experience with digital electronics design principles and techniques (e.g. Microprocessor/microcontroller, DSP, FPGA, ASIC, ADC, DAC) including experience working with lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, etc.).
• Experience in aspects of the digital hardware life cycle, including requirements capture, design and development, debug and test, and requirements validation
• Experience with Signal integrity and timing analysis tools such as Hyperlynx and/or Timing Designer
• Knowledge of FPGA, ARM, and DDR memory is highly desired.
• Knowledge in the area of high speed design practices including signal integrity is also desired.
• Basic knowledge of digital circuit design parameters (e.g., throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay). Includes knowledge of computer hardware components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
• Be capable of making decisions that may have significant impact on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
• Design tools experience with configuration management, schematic capture, requirements capture, requirements capture, signal integrity and timing analysis (ex. DxDesigner, DOORS, Subversion, PREP, and Hyperlynx).
• Experience in requirements generation and validation, allocation and traceability
• Understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Test (DFT), Reliability analysis, PWB layout, & EMC design
• Ability to estimate, track, own and report status relating to technical performance, cost, schedule, design-to-cost and risk performance for assigned scope of work.
• Ability to produce effective, clear and concise technical documentation
• Ability to participate in cross-functional team efforts and perform against documented hardware design processes
• Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner
• Ability to conduct effective design reviews and participate in reviews of other development efforts
• Understanding and utilization of the appropriate processes and tools during product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Electrical / Hardware*
**Organization:** **Communications Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Electrical Engineer (Digital Hardware Circuit Design)*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *PLA00000083*
To apply for this job, contact: