Full Time Employee
Jr. Information Systems Engineer (Job Number:418112)
SAIC is seeking a Jr. Information Systems Engineer Fort Huachuca, Sierra Vista, AZ
This position will involve working with a Senior SATCOM Engineer in the performance of technical evaluations, development of technical reports and test plans dealing with current and potential issues with military satellite communications and commercial satellite systems, subsystems and equipment, as they relate to DoD Enterprise Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Gateway Facilities. A Gateway Facility is defined as a communications facility that provides access to the Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) via satellite.
Satellite transmission systems include:
- Military satellite systems include the Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS), Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS), Ka-Band Satellite Transmit and Receive System (KaSTARS), and the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS).
- Commercial satellite systems can include the C-, Ku or Ka-bands.
- Ultra High Frequency (UHF), Extremely High Frequency (EHF), and Advanced EHF (AEHF) in military and commercial bands
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, computer, or electronics engineering (or closely related curriculum) from an ABET accredited institution
- 0 – 1 year of related experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance within 6 months of hire.
Below is a list of the different systems and technologies that the candidate may be required to work with the Senior SATCOM Engineer on:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Systems. Experience with IP systems and components, to include but not be limited to: Cisco routers and switches; Voice over IP (VoIP); Circuit to Packet (CTP); Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS); and IP modems. Knowledgeable of IP network development: IP over satellite; router and switch configurations; VoIP and Virtual Private Network (VPN) setup; Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) network control functions (to include hub and mesh architectures); Joint IP Modem (JIPM) technology; IP throughput over satellite; the effects of Doppler and satellite delay on TDMA transmissions; serially interfacing routers to baseband equipment; encapsulation techniques; and the integration of IP networks into the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Baseband Systems. Experience with TDMA modems, Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) modems, IP transmission over FDMA modems, multiplexers (to include the Multiplexer Integration and DCSS Automation System (MIDAS)), and Management and Control (M&C) requirements. Capable of identifying software and hardware configurations to optimize system performance under various operating conditions and providing expertise in end to end troubleshooting of both test and operational missions.
- Encryption Systems. Experience with serial and IP encryption devices and algorithms, Suite A and Suite B cryptography, encryption types (e.g., Type 1, Type 3), and authentication and rekeying methods. Knowledgeable of the differences between Transmission Security (TRANSEC) and Communications Security (COMSEC) and the distinct applications of each.
- Fiber Optic Systems. Experience with the evaluation and design of fiber optic systems in support of both analog and digital requirements. Having a thorough understanding of the interoperability of electrical interfaces, clocking modes and maintenance of bit count integrity for digital systems and of system gain, noise figure, intermodulation distortion and maximum linear output level for analog systems
- Timing and Synchronization. Experience with the design of timing and synchronization systems to include various atomic timing standards and global positioning system (GPS) derived timing. Having a thorough understanding of jitter and drift and their impact on communications systems and have the ability to troubleshoot timing problems in complex systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 8, 2016, 2:46:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-AZ-SIERRA VISTA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: