Full Time Employee
Network Infrastructure Management Lead (Job Number:418038)
This position will be responsible for the technical infrastructure of our client’s network in the areas of LAN/WAN Design, Optimization and QoS, remote connectivity and network security. This role acts as a subject matter expert for an IT Infrastructure specializing in network engineering to give perspective and set expectations for projects in the areas of scope and giving time estimates for work needed for project completion. As a specialized technical engineer, the Senior Network Engineer will be involved in the complete life cycle of IP network solutions. This includes gathering technical requirements, developing complex solutions, testing of architecture solutions, implementation, and providing tier 3 operational support. The Senior Network engineer shall be responsible for designs/architectures, including, but not limited to, campus LAN and/or WLAN switching, WAN design, WAN Acceleration (over satellite communication), and other IP centric solutions. Additional job functions include support of the Program in terms of proposal support, customer meetings and definition of new requirements.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform moderately complex network designs using existing technology. Plans network configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to engineering review boards to add new technologies to the network.
- Work closely with the Program Manager on specific programs to attend meetings, consolidate and translate requirements to new design and operational needs. Create relevant documentation and provide customer facing technical presentations as needed.
- Drive the capabilities and execution to effectively optimize data networks including breakthrough work, routine work, and Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts
- Review, rationalize and propose a right-sized networking toolset to consolidate the various tools in use down to a standard set that meets enterprise requirements
- Lead the design and implementation of overall network infrastructure, to include creating hierarchy processes that streamline IT processes and improves time to resolution of issues
- Lead global infrastructure team members of varying skill levels and backgrounds
- Perform moderately complex O&M activities. Utilize network analysis tools to identify performance problems in the network. Follow troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Participate in change management (CM) process, including the creation of technical documents such as implementation, verification, and rollback plans. Provide technical and business risk assessments. Perform other tasks as necessary in CM process.
- Provide system engineering and integration support of the DISA JRSS Security Architecture including NIPRNET and SIPRNET
- Design network and security architectures for DoD gateways
- Provide advanced inter-network design and configuration using Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
- Implement advanced routing and switching protocols such as IP/MPLS, VRRP, iBGP, eBGP
- Engineer and implement a multi-vendor security architecture providing firewall services, IDPS/IPS, DLP, and network information flows
- Cisco Systems, Nexus, Catalyst, ASR
- Riverbed Technology
- Alcatel-Lucent VitalQIP
- Juniper Networks
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- CA Health
TECHNOLOGIES & PROTOCOLS
- L2/L3 routing/switching
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN)
- Spanning Tree Protocol(STP)
- End-to-End Quality of Service (E2E QoS)
- Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM)
- Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN)
- Group Encrypted Transport - Virtual Private Network (GET-VPN)
- Current CISSP certification
- JIE (Joint Information Exchange)
- Advanced Degree preferred in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering, and a minimum of 8 years of hands on network & cyber security experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and a minimum of 10 years of hands on experience on network & cyber security experience.
- Security + certification required
- Cisco Certified Network Professional- CCNP requried
- Current CISSP Certification Preferred
- Must have a Top Secret clearance and SCI eligible
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 6, 2016, 1:22:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-IL-SCOTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: