Full Time Employee
Assessment & Selection Instructor (Job Number:418821)
SAIC has several contingent job openings for MARSOC Assessment & Selection instructors to support simulated scenarios to train students and assess the learners’ capability in applying lesson objectives learned in the classroom in realistic environments.
- May be required to act in the following roles: land navigation instructor, multi-cultural instructor, and/or special operations instructor.
- Be integrated into military or civilian scenarios using military weapons, equipment and vehicles to support simulated scenarios to train students and assess their capability
- At times, be engaged in physical contact as required for training scenarios.
- May be required, dependent upon position within the exercise scenario, to operate Government owned or rented vehicles High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV), Pick-up trucks, Vans, Stake-bed/light duty trucks.
- Instructors may be used in urban/mounted operations training and may be shot at using blank-firing.
- Instructors will be required to work under field conditions for extended periods.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess strong oral communications skills.
- Pass a mandatory background check.
- Sign a letter of non-disclosure.
- Physically fit to conduct basic infantry skills to include running in all terrains, climbing over obstacles, and carrying 60lbs of military gear in inclement weather conditions during all seasons.
- Able to perform duties in an austere environment with limited infrastructure (running water, power, HVAC, etc)
Candidate must possess well developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format. Must be capable of multitasking; working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous, or near simultaneous deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding work environment. Candidate must possess highly refined organizational skills. Candidate must be reliable, punctual, trustworthy and exceptionally conscientious. Must be team oriented, and have the ability to positively interact with diverse groups of people to achieve common objectives.
CONUS travel to exercise location is required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Instructors may be required to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense SECRET clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 4, 2016, 12:21:14 PM
Primary Location: United States-NC-JACKSONVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 100% of the time
Shift: On Call
To apply for this job, contact: