Full Time Employee
Network Engineer (Job Number:418828)
SAIC is currently seeking a Network Engineer in San Diego, CA.
- Provide technical expertise to support the architecture and installation planning of a variety of solutions across an enterprise network.
- Will work and collaborate within a multi-vendor, US Navy environment with government counterparts.
- Provide support for project planning, designing, and integration of various components of enterprise technology, including development of recommendations for new technologies, where appropriate.
- Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks.
- Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
- Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan.
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of network communications.
- Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks.
- Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Provides technical support and guidance to users.
Required Education and Skills
- 4+ years of of core routing and switching in an enterprise environment.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance. Higher DoD Clearances accepted.
- Cisco Certification.
- Experience in Cisco LAN/WAN design, implementation, and maintenance
- Knowledge of routers, switches, multiple communication protocols, intranet and the Internet
- Knowledge of routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP, IGP, OSPF and policy routes
- Navy Enterprise Networks such as NMCI, ONE-NET and IT-21 or other DoD Enterprise Networks.
- Experience with writing engineering documentation.
- Experience conducting analysis on new or available technology.
- Secruity+ certification desired
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2016, 12:57:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: