Full Time Employee
Joint Close Air Support (JCAS) Immersive Simulator Instructor and Support Technician, Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center (NAWDC) (Job Number:418865)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a Joint Close Air Support (JCAS) training analyst and simulator support technician at Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center (NAWDC), formerly the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center (NSAWC), in Fallon, NV.
The ideal candidate will be a former military aviator with Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) or Forward Air Controller Airborne (FAC-A) experience and a degree in computer science, Science Technology Information Management (STIM), or similar technical discipline. Familiarity with the Air Wing Fallon (AWF) Carrier Air Wing (CVW) training processes, Fallon Range Training Complex (FRTC), and Multi-purpose Supporting Arms Trainer (MSAT) or Combined Arms Virtual Environment (CAVE) is preferred. In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least three (3) years of applicable experience and subject matter expertise in:
- Developing training curricula.
- Delivering training in person.
- Conducting fleet/joint training assessments to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios.
- Designing custom training to meet training objectives.
- Engaging Senior Staff at the Flag Officer/Director/Manager level.
- Handling multiple tasks and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity/deliverables.
Specific Functional Area duties: operate, maintain, update, and instruct in the NAWDC CAS/call-for-fires immersive simulator. Areas of specific focus include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain and update simulator training requirements from NAWDC JCAS staff.
- Implement improvements and compliance/maintenance actions that can be accomplished locally to include integration of new hardware and developing applications and oversee the implementation of actions that require external support.
- Ensure simulator capabilities continue to satisfy joint staff and JCAS Executive Steering Committee (ESC) simulator accreditation requirements for authorization to employ the simulator for graded qualification and currency controls.
- Develop and maintain simulator curriculum and scenarios in accordance with joint and coalition close air support memorandum of agreement (JCAS MOA), Joint Fire Support (Joint Publication [JP] 3-09), JCAS (JP3-09.3), and multi-service tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) for the joint application of firepower (JFIRE).
- Translate JCAS requirements into technical design for procurement and development. Assist JCAS staff as warranted with operations and maintenance of complex equipment.
- Instruct JTAC students and JTACs in refresher syllabus on CAS and call-for-fire TTP in the simulator in accordance with the JTAC MOA and JP 3-09, JP 3-09.3, JFIRE and other governing documents as directed by the JCAS ESC. Maintains currency and accreditation status of simulator curriculum and related JTAC course lecture material.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with a college degree in Computer Science, Science Technology Information Management (STIM), or closely related technical discipline.
- Six (6) years of general technical and technical/program lead experience.
- Three (3) years of applicable technical/program lead and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above).
- Current CompTIA Security Plus with Continuing Education (CE) certification.
- Must possess proven time management and written and verbal communication skills at the mid to senior management level, be able to act independent, and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) products.
- Military aviation experience as pilot or flight officer.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) qualification and/or experience working with networks.
- JTAC or FAC-A experience/previous qualification.
- Familiarity with the Air Wing Fallon training processes, Fallon Range Training Complex (FRTC), and MSAT and/or CAVE simulators.
- Familiarity with the Fleet Readiness Training Plan (FRTP), Optimized Fleet Response Plan (OFRP), Fleet Training Continuum (FTC), and Fleet Training policy documents.
- **Current DoD Secret clearance REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 6, 2016, 12:21:23 PM
Primary Location: United States-NV-FALLON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: