Full Time Employee
Project Manager (Job Number:419157)
Under the direction of the COR, the Program Manager shall provide on-site coordination of the on-site support work, act as primary interface between the Government and Contractor personnel, and review and monitor Contractor technical work for overall quality, efficiency, and timeliness. Abilities shall include:
- Managing scientific personnel working in an R&D environment, both in technical and administrative areas, to include human resources management.
- Budget tracking for company expenses on the contract, to present Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) with regular reports as required by the Statement of Work (SOW).
Shall have at least five (5) years of experience in scientific management in an R&D environment using large–scale computer resources is required. Experience shall include the following:
- Line Manager of scientific computing services utilizing a large-scale computer, and managing a staff of at least 50 people. The management experience shall include supervision of all phases affecting scientific performance including scientific programming and mathematical analysis. This experience shall include management of multiple subcontractors. Experience in a meteorological or oceanographic environment is required.
- Thorough grounding in the techniques of scientific research, mathematical analysis and scientific programming.
- Experience working in a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment highly desired
- Experience, knowledge, and computer skills in working with the current state- of-the-art in the configuration of large-scale computing systems including peripheral supporting systems.
SOW areas include:
- Mesoscale Modeling Support
- Global Weather Modeling Support
- Ocean Modeling Support
- Seasonal Climate Forecast Support
- Hurricane Modeling Support
- Ensemble and Forecast Product Support
- Air Quality, Environmental Monitoring, Atmospheric Diffusion and Homeland Security
- Ecosystems and Other Societal Applications
- Land Surface and Hydrology
- Space Weather
- Product and Systems Development and Support 12. Support of NCEP’s Software to the External Community
10 years or more with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8 + years of experience an advanced degree (e.g. M.S. or Ph.D.) from an accredited institution in Atmospheric Science, Oceanography, or other Geophysical Sciences, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 18, 2016, 11:51:16 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLLEGE PARK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: