Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
PEO IWS AEGIS Strategic Planner (Job Number:419217)
As part of a large Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, the candidate will provide systems engineering and acquisition support to develop future Integrated Combat System baselines to be integrated on legacy and New Construction AEGIS cruisers and destroyers. The individual will directly support the Program Executive Officer Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) Principle Assistant Program Manager (PAPM) at the Washington Navy Yard. Responsibilities will include liaison with the PEO IWS and his staff, the OPNAV sponsor (N96) staff, PAPMs within PEO IWS 1.0, Warfare Centers under the purview of PEO IWS, other directorates within PEO IWS, other SYSCOMS and other relevant NAVSEA organizations and supporting activities. Assist the AEGIS Integrated Combat System (ICS) Strategic Planning (PEO IWS 1 SP) Principal Assistant Program Manager in executing early systems engineering tasks to develop and upgrade the AEGIS fleet on destroyers and cruisers. Tasks will include requirements development and analysis, concept development, functional analysis and allocation. Work with and within the constraints of JCIDS, the Capabilities Phasing Plan and the Naval Capabilities Documents and lay the ground work for developing and/or updating A-specs. Contribute to long range planning related to Combat System integration into the Navy’s 30 year shipbuilding plan. Ensure requirements align with current and future threats. We are seeking an intelligent, well educated, articulate individual with some US Navy knowledge. The candidate will support overall Systems of Systems (SoS) and AEGIS Weapon Systems (AWS) strategic planning to maintain, communicate and promote AEGIS program requirements (performance and functional specifications) with the resource sponsor, throughout the Navy chain of command and with external organizations. He/she will be part of the team which develops capabilities packages, translates operational requirements to technical requirements, and defines architecture and roadmaps and conducts functional analysis.
This team also maintains the technical architectural design, large-scale systems engineering processes; strategy policies, the Naval collaborative environment, capability assessments and technical support for all AEGIS programmatic and systems engineering efforts. Conduct Mission Analysis, develop Integrated Product Roadmaps, review integrated Planned Objective Memoranda, analyze Advanced Capability Builds, and update the AEGIS ICS specification tree and its supporting documents.
More advanced efforts will be integrated within the broader PEO IWS Enterprise Capability Phasing Plan and may, in the future, include:
- Working closely with the product line manager, maintain the AEGIS Combat System architecture across all Baselines. Leverage commonality to reduce overall ACS costs while increasing capability and performance. Align Combat System elements under a comprehensive integrated PEO IWS Enterprise combat system plan. Identify and solve the processes to transition systems to a common architecture. Create process documents to correctly identify all the required actions, personnel responsible, documentation required, and entrance and exit criteria for each step. Maintain a war room for visual representation of the process and the current state of the programs. Provide programmatic, technical and systems engineering support for future strategic planning activities for surface ship combat systems. Identify, define and implement the processes necessary to transition AEGIS combat systems to a common architecture. Participate on working groups to provide expertise, record minutes, and examine documentation.
- Support the IWS 1 Ship Integration PAPM discussions with PARMs by collecting ACS element interfaces. Leveraging Baseline diagrams, draft and update Concepts of Integration across the total ship system and joint SoS integration. Migrate the Weapon System Interface Diagram (WSID) repository to a common architecture database which facilitates sensitivity analysis and renders interfaces properly by going beyond those needed to support installation. Develop a tool that captures interface data from the Warfare Interface Systems Engineering (WISE) database and renders it in appropriate drawings. Migrate the AEGIS ICS into modern SW and architecture standards. Product Line Manager.
- Publish the Product Line Architecture (PLA) tenets and procedures. In order to facilitate integration and foster common understanding, develop a means to provide total visibility of ACS network standards for stakeholders such as PARMs, ICS MPM Directorates and BL managers. Manage AWS interfaces with PEO C4I, PEO IWS and NAVAIR weapon systems. By leveraging a sound overall knowledge of current and future ACS architectures, align and track all programmatics and technical wholeness to ensure delivery of an integrated product. Migrate the AEGIS ICS into modern SW and architecture standards. Align Combat System elements under a comprehensive integrated PEO IWS Enterprise combat system plan. Plan development from concept to test and fielding.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years’ experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Air and Missile Defense, Concept Development and Experimentation, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and Shipboard Systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 24, 2016, 9:04:46 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: