Full Time Employee
Senior Firewall Engineer (Job Number:419328)
SAIC is hiring a Senior Firewall Engineer - SME in Springfield, VA and other locations throughout the DC Metro Area.
This is a senior network position within the Vanguard Enterprise Engineering Office (EEO), providing general engineering support to multiple firewall and perimeter security systems and devices. The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding perimeter security devices. The candidate must be capable of Planning and leading the testing, implementation, and maintenance of perimeter security technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting perimeter security configuration/implementations. This position may be supervisory. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide perimeter security protection to over 80,000 customers globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, design, test and deploy perimeter security systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning perimeter operations and maintenance to analyze the performance of perimeter security systems.
- Provides input to the problem management process, including assessing and evaluating software and hardware anomalies. Supports the root cause analysis efforts to determine problems and develop remediation activities. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the transition to operations of perimeter security devices.
- Collaborate with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to implement network changes as it relates to perimeter security
- Supports the configuration testing of replacement perimeter devices
- Plans, documents, and implements hardware and software refresh
- Create and Maintain standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software.
- Attend weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participates in working groups, as related to constant changing security environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years IT network engineering support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Expert experience in one or more of the following security devices: McAfee StoneGate,FortiGate, BlueCoat Proxy, CISCO ESA, Palo Alto, Checkpoint firewalls, and A10 Proxy, Panorama management console
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (McAfee Stonegate, Security Appliances, Juniper)
- Firsthand experience in developing and providing quality assurance review of engineering change orders relating to the replacement or enhancement of perimeter security hardware and software
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Expert knowledge in configuring Cisco switches
- Experienced with network monitoring devices such as HP Openview, Nagios, Zenoss, NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Certifications: StoneGate Firewall / VPN Architect Certification, StoneGate Management Client (SMC) Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Network+, Security+, CCSA, CCSE
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs)
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self- awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Must be eligible to obtain a SECRET security clearance and have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: May 23, 2016, 3:02:33 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-VA-CHANTILLY, United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR, United States-VA-ARLINGTON, United States-VA-ALEXANDRIA, United States-VA-VIENNA, United States-VA-FALLS CHURCH, United States-VA-HERNDON, United States-VA-MCLEAN, United States-DC, United States-VA-RESTON, United States-VA-FAIRFAX
To apply for this job, contact: