Full Time Employee
Curricula Development Lead (Part-Time) (Job Number:419051)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has contingent career opportunities for Senior Training Analyst?s that will serve as Curriculum Development Leads in support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for part-time Curriculum Development Leads that are subject matter experts with one or more of the following surface combat systems; Auxiliary Systems (AUX), Aegis AN/SPY-1 radar, Command, Control, Computers, Communication, and Intelligence (C4I), Anti-Submarine Warfare Systems (ASW), Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), Navigation systems, Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT), Close-In Weapon System (CIWS), Embedded Training System (ETS), Vertical Launch System (VLS), and the Surface Vessel Torpedo Tube (SVTT).
Curriculum Development Leads will provide analysis, development and maintenance of training systems in support of initial, replacement and conversion curricula. Courseware will be prepared to encompass hands on, laboratory training and performance testing of trainees. Training systems will be integrated into the curricula where appropriate. The successful candidate will understand and have experience in the use of Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM) I, AIM II, or Content Planning Module (CPM)/Learning Object Model (LOM).
Curriculum Development Leads will prepare and deliver new and revised training materials as specified in the Training Project Plan (TPP) for course revisions or through course changes as defined by NAVEDTRA 130 (series) instructions. The developer will develop the TPP for each new course and revision along with delivering materials in accordance with the milestones section of the TPP. Course changes shall be delivered in accordance with the CSCS Learning Standards Office instructions to support training requirements.
The Curriculum Development Lead directs the development, and curriculum reviews of these courses and related training activities to meet the particular learning objectives for each combat system. Must be current on all latest Fleet guidance depicting combat systems current doctrine, and tactics, techniques, procedures (TTP). Assignments may include;
- Custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
- Create new course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- Develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Lead the team in internal and external evaluation programs. The Curriculum Development Lead will provide feedback and tracking of items for completion, conduct training analysis and review the course safety plan. In addition, be able to provide information and recommendations to the members of the Academic Review Boards and participate in the evaluation of future training requirements based upon fleet operational lessons learned and in the initiation of actions to meet these needs.
- Liaison between CSCS and the IAMD, ASW, Anti-Surface Warfare (ASUW), and Mine Warfare (MIW) warfare leads, appropriate fleet activities, and the Naval Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center (NSMWDC) in matters of tactics, doctrine development and instruction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
SAIC is looking for experienced curricula development leads that have expertise with Five (5) years of experience developing group-paced instructional materials for Surface Combat Systems in accordance with Navy curriculum development standards and guidelines, advising Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on development procedures and formatting and evaluating curricula documents and instructional delivery procedures. Of the five years, three (3) years of experience in Navy curriculum development software such as Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM) I, AIM II, Content Planning Module (CPM)/Learning Object Module (LOM).
- Must currently possess a Secret security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2016, 2:10:59 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: