Full Time Employee
Data Scientist | Solution Architect (Job Number:419422)
SAIC has opportunities avaialable for a Solutions Architect to join our Data Science team. The candidate for this position will provide analytical support to the Data Science Division in the Cyber, Cloud and Data Science Service line.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the enterprise through designing solutions for data collection, preparation, and model building to develop end-to-end analytic lifecycles to synthesize actionable information.
- Determine appropriate tools and methods for specific projects to design the analytics solution either as a standalone system, or an analytics embedded inside and overall solution.
- Work with teams that include enterprise architects, intelligence analysts, data and visualization experts, software developers, and system engineers, and will have an excellent opportunity to broaden skills.
Bachelors or equivalent experience and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- The candidate must have experience in developing and deploying solutions for customers.
- Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Applicant must have skills applicable to one or more of the following areas:
- Data wrangling, cleansing, and analytics
- The data science process
- Presenting work to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Statistical evaluation
- Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling Applicant should have skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Machine Learning Technologies, such as Natural Language Processing (NLP) - e.g., Jaro-Winkler, Damerau- Levenshtein, Metaphone, string manipulation, etc.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) - e.g., Jaro-Winkler, Damerau- Levenshtein, Metaphone, string manipulation, etc.?
- R libraries: base, MASS, plyr, rpart, randomForest, maps/mapproj/rworldmap, zoo, adabag, animation, ggplot, igraph, jsonlite, mclust, pROC, hexbin ?
- Python libraries: numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn,etc
- IBM SPSS, Oracle Data Miner, SAS Base, DataMiner, Dataflux, STAT
- Entity Resolution
- Basis Technology Rosette Name Indexer (RNI), IBM Global Name Recognition (GNR), IBM Probabilistic Matching Engine, Trillium Software (TS) Quality
- Apache Hadoop 2.x, MapReduce, Elastic Search 1.4.x, Sqoop, Pig - Familiar with Java Libraries: such as ATS SSO, ATS-common framework, Highchart, jersey, jtidy, one2team, iText, Spring/Spring STS, JSON, Network Markov Clustering, Topic Modeling Tool, Naïve Bayes, Apache Commons, Google’s Guava, Apache Log4j, Open CSV, SecondString - Working in interdisciplinary teams
- Must currently possess a Secret security clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 25, 2016, 4:10:21 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-DC-WASHINGTON DC, United States-FL-TAMPA, United States-NJ-PICATINNY ARSENAL
To apply for this job, contact: