Full Time Employee
Instructor Tier IV (Virginia Beach, VA) (Job Number:419379)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has contingent career opportunities for a Training Analyst Principle in support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Virginia Beach, VA.
The Training Analyst Principle will support training courses for initial, replacement and conversion training for existing and new courses instructed across the CSCS domain in accordance with the prescribed training schedule in Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource System (CeTARS), Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM), Ballistic Missile Defense Qualification (BMDQ), Anti-Submarine Warfare Qualification (ASWQ) Program or the Waterfront Course Catalog. Training locations may also include shipyards and Fleet Surface Ships.
We are looking for a Training Analysts Principle that will also serve as an Instructor. The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert with one or more of the following surface combat systems; Auxiliary Systems (AUX), Aegis AN/SPY-1 radar, Command, Control, Computers, Communication, and Intelligence (C4I), Anti-Submarine Warfare Systems (ASW), Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), Navigation systems, Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT), Close-In Weapon System (CIWS), Embedded Training System (ETS), Vertical Launch System (VLS), and the Surface Vessel Torpedo Tube (SVTT).
The Training Analyst Principle and Instructor leads a team of contractors that develops, directs, plans and evaluates these courses and related training activities to meet the particular learning objectives for each combat system. Must be current on all latest Fleet guidance depicting combat systems current doctrine, and tactics, techniques, procedures (TTP). Assignments may include:
- Directs, develops, plans and evaluates the team in providing custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
- Leads the team in providing data collection, analysis and preparation of Front End Analysis (FEAs), Job Duty Task Analysis (JDTAs) and Business Case Analysis (BCAs) to improve course content.
- Directs and reviews the creation of new course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- Directs and evaluates the development of exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Instruct in various CSCS courses in combat system(s) as qualified, and provide mobile team training support on the waterfront or onboard ships as directed by the customer.
- Provide Operational Plan (OPLAN)/Concept of Operations Plan (CONPLAN) level team training in an environment utilizing complex warfare area scenarios targeting Navy Tactical Task (NTA)/Navy Mission Essential Task List (NMETL) critical weapons employment skills.
- Provide training to current surface combat systems TTP to include, as applied to NTA’S/NMETL’S, current ship’s Battle Orders, Operational Task/Operational Orders (OPTASK/OPORDERS).
- Direct the team to provide unscheduled emergent corrective maintenance to continue execution of training being instructed at CSCS training facilities.
- Provide training to current surface combat systems to include Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI) and Link Monitoring and Management Tools (LMMT).
- Liaison between CSCS and the IAMD, ASW, Anti-Surface Warfare (ASUW), and Mine Warfare (MIW) warfare leads, appropriate fleet activities, and the Naval Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center (NSMWDC) in matters of tactics, doctrine development and instruction.
- Lead curriculum reviews and provide recommendations about course/lesson content, course updates, content delivery techniques, instructor development, and testing requirements to the course supervisor for Government approval.
- Directs the team liaison between the Learning Sites/Learning Detachments Training Department instructors and the Learning Sites/Detachments Training equipment maintenance staff in order to ensure coordination of scheduled course laboratory requirements.
- Directs the teams support to Naval Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center (NSMWDC) Weapons and Tactics Instructor (WTI) course in the continued development of courseware and updates to include recommendations to content, course updates, course redlines and testing requirements. Supported WTI courses will include IAMD, ASW, Surface Warfare (SUW), and MIW.
- Lead the team in providing academic and exercise support for the Surface Warfare Advanced Tactical Training (SWATT) Execution phase.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree
- Ten (10) years of experience with the Aegis Weapon System or SQQ-89 as either an engineer, system technician and tactician or operator and tactician. Concurrently, experience contributing to the development of official tactical documents for either Aegis Weapon System or SQQ-89 employment with three (3) years relevant experience as an instructor of the required system. Of the ten years, three (3) years of experience in a job that required researching, reading, and applying Aegis Weapon System or SQQ- 89 technical specification documents or tactical publications with responsibility for interpreting and translating content from the specifications to instruction. This includes three (3) years of experience manipulating Aegis Weapon System or SQQ-89 training systems for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2016, 3:19:53 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: