Full Time Employee
Senior Engineer (Dahlgren, VA) (Job Number:419348)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has contingent career opportunities for Senior Engineer?s in support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Dahlgren, VA
The CSCS mission is to prepare and qualify officers and sailors to correctly maintain, operate, and if necessary, fight with our surface ships while conducting sustained combat operations at sea.
LCS Mission Package systems for Mine Counter Measure, Surface, and Anti-Submarine Warfare mission areas will evolve over the next five to seven years as they transition through engineering development, Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOTE), and Fleet introduction. CSCS will support the development of Required Operational Capability/Projected Operational Environment (ROC/POE), Personal Qualification Standards and curriculum to include performance under this contract for subject matter expert support. The Senior Engineers role is vital in this position. The Senior Engineer will:
- Determine if any administrative or engineering controls can be utilized to prevent further injuries/illnesses, or if any additional PPE or training will be required
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related the concept of operations in CSCS requirements definition, analysis and engineering, and system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration
- Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- SAIC is looking for experienced engineers with Eight (8) years of Surface Combat Systems experience in: design, operations, engineering development, systems integration, lifetime support maintenance, or training development with various Surface Combat Systems.
- Bachelor?s degree
- 6-10 years? experience with Surface Warfare and Systems Engineering
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 24, 2016, 2:22:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-KING GEORGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: