Full Time Employee
Learning Standards Analyst (Job Number:419333)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a contingent career opportunity for a Training/Learning Standards Analyst in support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Dahlgren, VA.
The Learning Standards Analyst will support training courses in support of initial, replacement and conversion training for existing and new courses instructed across the CSCS domain in accordance with the prescribed training schedule in Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource System (CeTARS), Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM), Ballistic Missile Defense Qualification (BMDQ), Anti-Submarine Warfare Qualification (ASWQ) Program or the Waterfront Course Catalog. Training locations may also include shipyards and Fleet Surface Ships.
The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert with one or more of the following surface combat systems; Auxiliary Systems (AUX), Aegis AN/SPY-1 radar, Command, Control, Computers, Communication, and Intelligence (C4I), Anti-Submarine Warfare Systems (ASW), Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), Navigation systems, Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT), Close-In Weapon System (CIWS), Embedded Training System (ETS), Vertical Launch System (VLS), and the Surface Vessel Torpedo Tube (SVTT).
The Learning Standards Analyst develops, directs, plans and evaluates these courses and related training activities to meet the particular learning objectives for each combat system. Must be current on all latest Fleet guidance depicting combat systems current doctrine, and tactics, techniques, procedures (TTP). Assignments may include;
- Custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
- Create new course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- Develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Provide analysis, development and maintenance of training systems in support of initial, replacement and conversion curricula. Courseware will be prepared to encompass hands on, laboratory training and performance testing of trainees. Training systems will be integrated into the curricula where appropriate.
- Prepare and deliver new training materials as specified in the Training Project Plan (TPP) and in accordance with NAVEDTRA 130 (series) instruction. Develop the TPP for each new course and deliver materials in accordance with the milestones section of the TPP.
- Prepare and deliver modifications to existing training materials as specified in the TPPs for course revisions, or through course changes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
SAIC is looking for experienced learning standards analysts that have Three (3) years of experience in established training methods, techniques and tools in order to develop and maintain training courses and materials, and evaluating training programs. Of the three years, two (2) years of experience in instructional technology, i.e., interactive courseware, PC-Simulation, Computer Assisted Instruction, video teletraining and computer-based training to determine best alternative for delivery of training.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 24, 2016, 9:46:27 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: