Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a*Principal Systems Engineer- Cyber Security/ R&D*to join our team in Cedar Rapids. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is seeking experienced cyber security engineers knowledgeable in embedded system and software design to support a diverse portfolio of research and development activities within our Advanced Technology Center. Our research team is focused on developing new and innovative technologies to ensure the security of connected commercial and military aircraft. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the development of new technology innovations to proactively secure airborne systems and their supporting infrastructure. The person in this role will closely collaborate with business partners and customers to evaluate existing security risks and identify potential innovation opportunities. The person in this role will serve as a principal investigator, leading diverse research teams and aligning new technology development with market opportunities and security needs.
- Lead teams of hardware, software, and systems engineers to develop, integrate, and evaluate new cyber security technologies to be deployed within size, weight, and power constrained environments
- Lead technical proposal preparation technical proposal preparation and the execution of government-sponsored science and technology research
- Develop strategic research roadmaps for the development and transition of new security technologies to embedded platforms as well as information services
- Act as an expert technical advisor to engineering and business leadership in the area of cyber security
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required
* Strong understanding of operating system
* Developing embedded systems
* Security-related engineering experience.
* Previous technical proposal preparation experience
* Experience within a Research and Development environment
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (*or**5 percent if you save 8 percen*t)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Embedded Information Systems*
**Title:** *Principal Systems Engineer- Cyber Security/ R&D*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000RQ*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Minnesota-Bloomington, MN, United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
To apply for this job, contact: