Full Time Employee
CNRMC Metrology and Calibration Coordinator (Job Number:419571)
The Metrology and Calibration Coordinator will provide subject matter expertise in Metrology and Calibration (METCAL), Life Cycle Management of Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE), and Shipboard Instrumentation and Systems Calibration (SISCAL) including the Shipboard Gage Calibration Program (SGCP) under the cognizance of CNRMC. The primary functions of the Navy Metrology and Calibration Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise on Navy Policy for METCAL, TMDE and SISCAL Programs.
- Assist in manpower analysis for calibration support teams at the RMCs.
- Develop and implement training pipeline metrics to measure Sailor training progress and skill development attributes.
- Serve as CNRMC liaison with other government agencies to include TYCOMS and NAVSEA04 in the areas of METCAL/TMDE/SISCAL and SGCP.
- Implement, coordinate, disseminate, and train CNRMC personnel on NAVSEA and CNRMC policy and procedures for life cycle management of TMDE.
- Coordinate planning, programming, budgeting and funding for the procurement of METCAL and SISCAL calibration standards, test equipment, and associated ILS at the RMC. Ensure that TMDE is identified, validated, acquired, and delivered with required allowance documentation, calibration procedures, calibration intervals, and operations/maintenance manuals supporting the CNRM activities.
- Assure training and related logistics requirements are in place at CNRMC activities responsible for maintaining NAVSEA- cognizant TMDE.
- Ensure that personnel assigned to CNRMC enterprise calibration laboratories and Calibrations teams are trained to perform required functions in accordance with OPNAVINST 3960.16 Series, Navy Test and Monitoring Systems (TAMS).
- Implement, execute, and train RMC personnel in the NAVSEA SISCAL policies as defined by 4734.1B.
- Ensure that personnel assigned to RMC calibration and SGCP FCAs are trained to perform required functions in accordance with OPNAVINST 3960.16 Series, Navy Test and Monitoring Systems (TAMS).
- Providing staff quality (signature ready) CNRMC products, letters and other technical documents in accordance with Navy and CNRMC requirements.
- Working independently, with limited oversight.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in NAVSEA Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic (TMDE) and Calibration Programs.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Shipboard Instrumentation and Systems Calibration (SISCAL) Minimum 5 years’ experience in Naval and Marine Calibration Laboratory Audit/Certification process Ten (10) years of experience performing preventive and corrective maintenance on U.S. Navy shipboard systems and equipment Five (5) years of experience with shipboard calibration.
- Recent experience working/supporting CNRMC or RMC, with strong I-Level knowledge.
- Recent experience with I-Level Calibration programs to include METCAL, TMDE, SISCAL and SGCP.
- Recent experience with I- Level production programs to include MATs, IPE and Sailor training/productivity.
- Experience working/supporting large U.S. Navy staffs including USFF, TYCOM and NAVSEA.
- Ability to interact with Navy maintenance activities and effectively communicate technical information with senior engineers, technicians, Project Managers and Maintenance Team personnel.
- Knowledge of current U.S. Navy maintenance and planning related computer systems.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Secret security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 2, 2016, 3:02:42 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: