Full Time Employee
SATCOM Technician (Job Number:419589)
SAIC is seeking a SATCOM Technician in Sierra Vista, AZ
- Provide project engineering and technical services in support of the DoD Modernization of Enterprise Terminals (MET) program.
- The MET is a fixed (or transportable) satellite communications earth terminal designed to operate over X and Ka-band geosynchronous satellites extending Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) services to tactical U.S. forces via Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA), Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) and survivable satellite communications.
- The MET will replace existing fixed and transportable AN/GSC- 39, AN/GSC-52A, and AN/FSC-78 X-band terminals, and the AN/GSC-70 Ka-band terminal at existing DSCS SATCOM facilities.
- Engineering/technical support services to be provided include:
- Conducting of MET site surveys
- Using existing site documentation, data collected during the site survey and experience with SATCOM systems to develop the Site Requirements Package (SRP) specifying the work necessary to modify, upgrade or alter existing facilities to support installation and operation of the new MET terminal.
- Develop detailed Engineering Installation Plans (EIP) to include the List of Material (LOM) required for MET implementation by the installation team.
- Providing Onsite Engineer (OSE) support to the installation teams for both the de-installation of legacy terminals and for installation of the new MET terminals.
- Provide technical oversight of the installation team to ensure applicable standards and guidelines are being met.
- Resolve problems identified during the installation that may require modification to the sites SRP/EIP.
- Serve as the liaison between the installation team and site O&M command to ensure operational links are not negatively impacted by the MET installation.
- Conducting of subsystem checkout tests, IF/RF Alignment and acceptance testing of the entire MET system to prove that the newly installed terminals are fully functional and to ensure compliance with satellite access requirements.
- Responsible for the resolution of any problems identified during testing from equipment failures to system design problems.
- Most onsite support will be performed in operational SATCOM facilities.
Travel: 60- 75%
Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret security clearance
Required Education and Experience
- 2 years of telecommunications/electronics vocational training or professional certification from an ABET accredited technical school or equivalent military school AND 10 years’ experience in two or more of the following specialties: Microwave or Satellite Earth Terminals
- Installation and Testing o SATCOM Facilities: electrical and mechanical
- Proficient is defined not only as having experience in the areas of interest but also as having sufficient understanding of the area of interest that the person will know when the results does not fit the situation.
- Proficient in use of common test equipment (e.g. digital test sets, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers).
- Proficient in testing communications equipment/systems and following standard test procedures.
- Experience setting up and the running the tests according to test plans
- Experience troubleshooting problems with the test equipment, satellite communications equipment as well as the systems design.
- Proficient in trouble-shooting problems with telecommunications equipment to include system interfaces.
- Many of the problems encountered with the MET terminals are IF/RF related; therefore it is important that the candidate possess experience in the troubleshooting IF/RF related problems.
- Experienced at trouble- shooting and activating circuits.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 3, 2016, 3:58:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-AZ-SIERRA VISTA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 75% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: