Full Time Employee
Deputy SOC Manager (Job Number:419604)
SAIC is currently seeking candidates for a Deputy SOC Manager, supporting our FRTIB Technology and Enterprise Support Services Program (TESS). This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a key team of Cyber Security Professionals here at SAIC, supporting full life cycle Cyber Security operations for our FRTIB customer. We are seeking an individual that can bring strategic thought processes to help grow and mature our current SOC environment.
As the Deputy SOC Manager you will directly support the security operations staff by providing oversight, guidance, and mentorship to an 8-10 person team of security analysts. In this player/coach role, the Deputy SOC Manager will manage and mentor SOC staff who will apply analytic and technical skills in order to investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response.
- Determine staffing requirements: guiding recruitment, hiring, training, development, and retention of highly qualified team members
- Foster innovation, creativity, collaboration, and professional growth of the SOC team
- Maintain strong standards, and promote productivity, accountability and high morale
- Oversee training and exercises to ensure SOC team proficiency
- Influence and improve upon existing processes through innovation and operational change
- Develop and support strategic plans and projects to meet SOC goals and objectives
- Conduct “after action” reviews to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Regularly review standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure SOC continues to effectively meet operational requirements
- Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure the SOC analyst team is providing excellent customer service and support
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- 5+ years of SOC or MSSP experience with at least 2 years in a formal leadership role.
- 5+ years of SIEM experience
- Experience working in fast paced environments, and ability manage workload even during times of stress or escalated activity
- Willingness to be active in the training, coaching, and development of the SOC team
- Experience with developing and maintaining metrics
- Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
- Track record of creative problem solving, and the desire to create and build new processes
- Strong time management and multitasking skills as well as attention to detail
- Strong understanding of security architectures and devices
- Strong understanding of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation
- Strong understanding of lateral movement, footholds, and data exfiltration techniques
- Comfortable with impromptu tasking and loosely defined requirements
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to think strategically in implementing overall task and responsibilities of the SOC
- Ability to turn high-level goals into actionable steps and develop a roadmap to achieve the goals
- Ability to mentor and coach less experienced security analysts. Providing techniques and strategies to dig deeper into investigations
- Relevant security certifications a plus (such as: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, CEH, others), but not mandatory
- Experience with Splunk
- Forensics experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.
- Experience as a government contractor
- Ability to get a Public Trust Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2016, 12:15:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: