Full Time Employee
Java Developer (Job Number:419725)
We are looking for a software engineer to join a motivated team of architects and software engineers to help evolve our infrastructure and application suite to meet ever-changing business needs in mission areas. With guidance from our Nuclear Security Enterprise customers, we are embarking on a challenging transformation of an existing, disparate software application suite to a well-integrated, more secure, and easier-to-use suite of applications within an enterprise service-oriented architecture (SOA). There are challenging decisions and work ahead as we evaluate technologies and platforms, design software infrastructure and services, and develop and test a suite of world-class software applications. This position requires strong Java and web application design, development and deployment skills to work within a small, agile team of computer scientists, systems engineers, and solutions architects to redesign and redevelop software applications that support the NSE Nuclear Security Enterprise.
Successful candidates will have an interest in developing software within a semi-structured development environment, along with an interest to learn continually evolving contemporary software development frameworks and APIs. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to assume significant technical responsibilities in software architecture and development. Mentorship of junior employees will be an essential part of this position along with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in both written and oral forms. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is willing and able to learn the existing system from the code and high-level documentation, and interact with subject matter experts and customers to gain expertise in the domain. The candidate will also be responsible for thorough documentation, unit tests, and functional tests.
Primary Job Duties:
- Defines, redesigns and implements complex software that supports critical elements of the Nuclear Security Enterprise.
- Develops software in line with organizational and project standards to ensure reusability and maintainability
- Deploys software into production environments, including ensuring appropriate testing occurs prior to deployment
- Performs appropriate change management to track and control the release of changes
- Resolves issues in the legacy system and ensures solutions are appropriately documented.
- Works closely with all team members to accomplish tasks, including mentorship of junior developers
- Develops and communicates in oral and written form and to work in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Demonstrated strong software design, engineering and development skills, including familiarity with modern software development practices and tools.
- Strong Java development experience (5+ years)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Working knowledge and experience with object oriented software architecture and design
- Experience developing software using a continuous integration environment
- Experience working in an Agile development environment while appreciating where additional formality may be of benefit
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and technical expert
- Can start uncleared but must be able to obtain DOE Q clearance
- Existing DOE Q, DoD S/TS, SCI
- Experience with Java Middleware stacks, especially Oracle WebLogic
- Experience with cyber-security and information assurance
- Experience with services oriented architectures and web service development (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience applying enterprise integration patterns
- Experience in User/Human Centered Design
- Experience delivering or utilizing Cloud technologies such as infrastructure (IaaS), applications (SaaS), platforms (PaaS)
- Experience with service- oriented architectures (SOA)/Microservices Architecture, including design, development and deployment strategies
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 9, 2016, 1:10:36 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: