Full Time Employee
Graphic Designer (Job Number:419813)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. The candidate will be supporting Communications team and bring clarity and vision to our clients’ stories through innovative strategy, content, design, and video. This is a full-time staff position with benefits and work will be at our corporate headquarters in McLean, VA.
A graphic/motion designer at SAIC is involved in a wide spectrum of projects, from traditional graphic design and illustration to interactive design, motion animation, and video development. We’re looking for great ideas, commitment to high-level design with strong typography and layout, a passion for storytelling, and a collaborative spirit.
DAY TO DAY YOU WILL:
- Design things (infographics, presentation graphics, websites, storyboards, video concepts, print ads, digital banners, event graphics and kits, etc.): develop solutions based on project goals; work within a brand platform; and meet quality and timeline expectations
- Animate motion graphics for video and web
- Meet with both internal team and clients to kick off projects: listen, ask questions, ultimately craft solutions to client’s needs
- Develop visual concepts and themes, engage in rounds of review and revision, and develop iterative drafts leading up to delivery of final artwork
- Present drafts and ideas to team members and clients
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of three to five years design experience in an in-house creative department or design firm
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Adaptable and quick learner. Must be able to apply corporate style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for multiple clients.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Experience in developing storyboards; Create motion graphics for video and web
- Possess strong conceptual skills; high-level sense of design, layout, and typography; a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and a collaborative spirit a must. Big egos need not apply.
- Expert knowledge in graphic production process
THINGS THAT WOULD GET US REALLY EXCITED:
- Experience in animation and motion graphics
- Knowledge of video production, photography, lighting
- Ability to do some light video and/or audio editing
- Create animations using Flash
- Familiarity with and willingness to engage with PowerPoint, Keynote, and Prezi
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2016, 1:22:04 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: