Full Time Employee
Launch Systems Integrator (Job Number:419786)
Launch Systems Integrator opportunity in El Segundo, CA.
- Identify, document and report technical disconnects relating to Launch System readiness planning, integration, launch-base processing activities, and the closing out of any launch integration activities for compliance with government policies and instructions.
- Support development of the technical requirements, interfaces, architecture, and operational threads and use cases. Capture and document all lessons learned from previous missions and evaluate potential impact on current mission being worked.
- Create verification artifacts and plans (VCRM, STVP, TEMP) Participate in day-of launch rehearsal activities, mission readiness reviews, space flight worthiness preparations and presentations, mission certification, EOT / test coordinator training, SV shipment coordination and transportation support, factory activities, provide directorate interaction to on-orbit contractor support, and provide launch-base planning, preparation, and sustainment required for launch-base processing flow.
- Support system integration, test planning and test execution activities that include developmental and operational test events
- Review, edit, update, and coordinate all documentation (e.g., launch-related mission unique proposals) required to facilitate the execution of the next launch.
- Support Interface Control Document development and support requirements interface management, allocation, and traceability to ensure SV requirements are assessed and implemented on the launch vehicle.
- Analyze launch planning dates and provide program risk assessments and recommendations to the government.
- *Must be a US CITIZEN** **Must currently possess a SECRET CLEARANCE**
Required Education & Experience Desired Skills:
- Technical Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience OR 9+ years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with military satellite production and launch processing at the Eastern or Western Range
- Experience with day-of-launch rehearsal activities and mission readiness reviews Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- 10+ years’ experience Systems Engineering of Space Systems programs
- 10 years’ experience in areas of Launch Systems Integration, systems engineering, DOD space acquisitions and compliance with government instructions
- Master’s Degree in engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline
- 10+ years’ experience in systems engineering and integration
- 5+ years’ experience in SATCOM, communications and network engineering
- 5+ years’ experience with military space systems
- 5+ years’ experience with MILSATCOM ground systems, such as terminals and networks
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 14, 2016, 9:10:21 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: