Full Time Employee Contractor
Directs all tax functions of the corporation and its affiliates including tax planning, research and compliance for the corporation, both domestic and international. Develops and presents appropriate tax planning initiatives and recommendations to place the company in the most effective tax posture. Directs the tax compliance activities to meet all external return filing due dates as mandated by the various governmental entities. Directs and oversees tax provision process utilizing working knowledge of ASC 740 including coordination with external auditors for review. Manages all tax examinations by external governmental auditors and resolves the tax issues in the most cost-effective manner. Determines which issues cannot be promptly resolved and, with the help of the law department, appeals those issues to the appropriate level of the respective government agency.
• BS in Accounting or Finance required
• Advanced degree (JD or MST) preferred and/or CPA required.
• 10 to 15 years in a large corporation and/or public accounting firm ideally with international experience in all aspects of taxation, as well as significant management experience.
• Thorough knowledge of US federal, state, local and international taxation.
• Thorough knowledge of ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes.
• Ability to quickly assess impacts of transactions in multiple tax jurisdictions.
• Ability to utilize tax technical knowledge and skills to quickly and accurately analyze proposed and actual transactions for tax and business issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with computerized tax research software and tax preparation/provision software.
US Citizenship is required
To apply for this job, contact: