Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Join a team of Rockwell Collins embedded software engineers responsible for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles’ flight control and navigation systems! This position is located in Warrenton, VA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
The primary responsibility of this role is to participate in development of real time embedded navigation and flight control systems through the full software development lifecycle in a multidisciplinary avionics and aerospace environment.
• Design, code, test, and provide ongoing support for embedded systems software and simulation software to meet technological and customer requirements
• Define and analyze system software design requirements and write software requirements documents to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards
• Write software integration and test plans; conduct and lead software verification, testing and integration efforts to identify required modifications and ensure optimum system performance at delivery
• Collaborate with electrical engineers, controls engineers, and program management team members in planning, design and development
• Develop interface definitions in conjunction with design team and enforce interface control documents to record and validate system performance standards and results
• Participate in software design reviews to ensure team progress against milestones are met and to maintain highest quality level within project schedules
• Serve on projects as assigned, working with customers to meet deliverables and address and resolve technology or system issues
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
• Have US Citizenship/Permanent Resident Status
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Have 2 years of real time embedded software systems development experience including defining and documenting requirements, software design and development, programming, testing, and implementation
• A strong working knowledge of C/C , object oriented design, and real time operating systems
A successful candidate may:
• Have knowledge and experience with the aerospace industry, sensor fusion, vehicle control, and/or algorithm development
• Have demonstrated team leadership experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Airborne Products & Systems*
**Title:** *Software Engineer - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Warrenton, VA)*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000FG*
To apply for this job, contact: