Full Time Employee
C++ Developer (Job Number:419908)
SAIC is currently looking for Mid-level Software Developers with C++ experience to work on the AMRDEC JBC-P project located in Huntsville, Alabama.
Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) is a joint, digital, battle command information family of systems that provides integrated, on- the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes.
JBC-P provides leaders a capability for selecting, managing, and assimilating relevant data and information. JBC-P allows commanders the ability to concentrate combat weapons system effects rather than combat forces, and enables units to become both more survivable and more lethal. The ability to pass orders and graphics provide the joint warfighter the capability to visualize the commander's intent and scheme of maneuver. JBC-P provides enhanced situational awareness of friendly, and reported enemy, neutral, and civilian entities (including reported international agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations). JBC-P provides command and control at the platform level across the Services enabling joint situational understanding and battlespace awareness. It affords joint warfighters the capability to gain and retain the tactical and operational initiative under all mission, enemy, terrain, troops, time and civilians (METT TC) conditions despite an accelerated tempo. JBC-P also contributes to the SA component of Combat Identification (CID) resulting in greater combat effectiveness and reduced fratricide. JBC-P is interoperable with joint C2 systems. The JBC-P system is a fielded system. The candidate will be working on Software that is being used by the warfighter every day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide software maintenance and test support for the JBC-P Program. This involves analyzing and fixing software problems in a Linux OS environment under the supervision of a senior developer.
- Capable of analyzing problems in a Publish/Subscribe architecture.
- Present design documentation and participate in design reviews for assigned SW fixes. Design documentation must detail fix implementation and unit/regression testing strategy.
- Test SW fixes in a lab environment with actual fielded hardware. Testing on multiple hardware variants will be required.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 2+ years or more experience.
- C++ software development
- CppUnit unit testing framework
- Doxygen SW documentation constructs
- Linux OS
- Analytical, debugging and troubleshooting ability
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work in a lab environment on actual Army vehicle computer hardware and sensors
- Willingness to learn a complex and challenging SW architecture
- GIT SW version control system
- Eclipse IDE
- Network Analysis Tools (Wireshark, TCPDUMP analysis)
- Scripting languages such a Python
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret/Interim Secret Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2016, 8:56:10 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: