Full Time Employee
Senior Systems Engineer (Job Number:419921)
The selected candidate shall provide broad-based systems engineering support to the Collection and Operations Investment Portfolio (IP).
Tasks will include:
- Gathering programmatic information
- Conducting dependency analysis
- Identifying integration points between efforts, coordinating across the IP
- Requirements analysis and derivation
- Program planning
- Schedule analysis
- Work closely with C&O personnel to identify out-year objectives, develop plans and strategies, and document dependencies The contractor shall perform dependency analysis and strategy linkage across Agency IPs, as well as review and analyze requirements at multiple levels of detail, cross-correlate them, identify gaps, identify duplicates, and align them to C&O priories.
Tasks shall include:
- Defining and documenting operations and maintenance concepts leading to the development of system requirements and/or specifications
- Developing system specifications and/or design plans, functional analysis and allocation including decomposition of requirements to low-level functions
- Allocating performance and other limiting requirements to all functional levels, defining and refining internal and external functional interfaces
- Define, refine, and integrate a functional architecture In additional, the contractor shall propose and provide the methodology, processes, tools, and resources to be used to define, account for, model, partition, track, implement, and support system design and technical performance requirements.
- The candidate shall provide documented research into and analysis of emerging technologies across a broad swath of disciplines relevant to communications and network technologies, as well as provide assistance in designing and executing technology forecasting processes, gathering and analyzing survey data, and presenting information in visual format to high-level customers.
- The contractor shall also perform some tasking associated with Logical Authority Category (LAC) items, including thread status updates, assistance with presentations, and LAC thread documentation.
- *Must be a US Citizen** **Must currently hold an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLY**
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 13-15 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 8 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 19 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Analysis of functional, system, and non-functional requirements, data flows, and dependencies
- Analysis of design and implementation alternatives, tradeoffs, and recommendations
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2016, 3:18:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI Full Scope Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: