Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
US Courts Site Reliability Engineer/Expert Consultant (Job Number:419223)
SAIC has an opportunity available for a Site Reliability Engineer to support our program with the US courts in Washington, DC.
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is a key member of the architecture team in support of the Administration Office for the US Courts (AO) Case Management Systems Office (CMSO). Our company works with the AO to develop systems that provide Probation and Pretrial Services Officers, judges, and other stakeholders the automated functionality they need to perform more efficiently and make informed decisions.
We are seeking a self-motivated SRE with 10+ years of experience in IT architecture design and development. The SRE will work with a team of enterprise architects and system architects to develop an architecture roadmap to support next generation IT capabilities for the AO.
- Work to improve the reliability and performance of front-end and back-end IT services in close collaboration with the architecture team and developers with a focus on automation, availability, performance, and efficiency.
- The successful candidate will be a key contributor, working closely with members of our newly formed agile teams in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate is energetic, innovative, and has superior technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing scripts to monitor and automate processes
- Troubleshooting issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network
- Taking part in 24x7 on-call rotation as needed
- Participating in code reviews
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- 10+ years of experience
- Master’s preferred
- Experience working with Agile Teams is preferred.
- Software engineering experience in Internet scale environments
- Experience troubleshooting performance, availability, scalability and reliability issues in production with enterprise- grade applications and driving architectural improvements to address these issues
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and multi-tier web application architectures
- Hands-on experience developing event-driven back-end systems
- Knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience with open source projects (Mesos, Hadoop, Scribe, Zookeeper, etc.)
- Previous experience as a primary contributor to an architecture team in systems design, building, testing, and implementation.
- Assesses current or future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with customers, conducting surveys, or other methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and team skills
- Ability to listen to the needs of our internal clients, communicate clearly, and determine ideal configurations for a new development teams and projects.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 21, 2016, 6:06:37 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: