Sears Holdings Corporation (http://jobs.sears.com/vet/learnmore_military.html)
Full Time Employee
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer with over 2,500 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com.
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join the Buying/Merchant organization. This is an entry-level position. This position performs the technical and mechanical aspects of the buying role and completes functions that contribute to the Buying Team’s ability to achieve sales, gross margin, inventory, and turnover goals for assigned categories of merchandise while learning the long-range business strategy within the area of responsibility. This position reports directly to a Buyer. The Assistant Buyer works closely with the buying and merchandising support teams in the execution of product selection, assortment planning, vendor communication, inventory productivity management, and marketing of specific lines/categories to significantly improve profitability and maximize shareholder value.
Financial Planning and Forecasting:
· Generates weekly financial reports (sales, markdowns and receipt) and analyzes data to draw conclusions and provide recommendations to the team on opportunities to improve performance.
· Provides input and participates in the business and line review meetings to evaluate sales, markdowns, receipts and best/worst sellers.
· Working in tandem with the buyers and associate buyers to organize the presentation for business and line reviews and provide explanation of strategy and entry/exit plans.
· Utilize analytical tools to determine and recommend the appropriate markdown strategy, (this includes timing and the price matrix). Presents the markdown cadence for approval and enters the plan in the system.
· Generates reports to analyze item performance versus last year and competitors. Provides recommendations to the buyer for forecast estimates.
?Product Selection and Assortment Planning:
· Completes the new vendor setup by verifying and approving the required vendor documentation. Monitors and collects on the vendor allowance agreements for defects, markdowns, signage, etc.
· Based on category, may manage item set up process. Liaison between Inventory Management and Vendors on accuracy of items and details.
· Assists in the development, selection, and negotiation of product to include cost, subsidy and terms.
· Performs analysis required to assist in the development of the buy plan.
· Responds to store inquiries for merchandise by researching planograms, inventory allotments, store demographics, sales performance, etc. Recommends appropriate solutions and executes upon buyer approval.
· Refines and optimizes planograms to deliver innovative and profitable approaches to merchandising product.
· Actively maintains awareness of products, customer preferences, competitors to keep current on ways to better service customer in assigned categories
To apply for this job, contact: