Full Time Employee
HPC Support (Job Number:420070)
SAIC has an opening for a HPC Support position. The primary responsibility is to provide second and third level technical support to technical users of high performance computing resources. Systems supported will be a complex environment that has both hardware, networking and software that the support will be required to understand, research and resolve new and unknown issues with little to no support or direction from others. Job functions include teaming with multiple teams outside HPC as needed such as HPC engineers, vendors and other advanced resources to answer complex user questions, provide design feedback and solve complex technical problems by telephone, electronic mail, and in person. Tasks include interactive issue troubleshooting, following user issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions in a knowledge base, working with application and system owners or supporters to identify advanced solutions, and developing and presenting user training. Responsibilities also include supporting the user support tools including software development of those tools. Together, the HPC-Help Team members maintain issue tracking and knowledge management tool(s), an HPC training room, an HPC web portal, and a social media- enabled event announcement system. Team members are also responsible for helping to create the support structure and associated processes that will define their work, utilizing ITIL principles.:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience doing IT support for technical customers in a diverse workplace using a variety of technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting IT systems and Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, and a strong customer service commitment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance. Can start un- cleared but must be able to start the clearance upon acceptance.
- Knowledge / experience with high performance computing user environments, such as programming models, tools, applications, etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL and ITIL-based user support tools.
- Knowledge and experience with high performance computers
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with multiple operating systems.
- Windows, Unix, and/or Macintosh system administration experience.
- In-depth knowledge of BMC ITSM suite tools, computer hardware maintenance, or web technologies (especially HTML, CSS, and Ruby on Rails).
- A recent, successful customer service role and an active Q clearance are highly desirable.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 23, 2016, 2:44:59 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: