Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Policy Training Analyst (Job Number:420051)
SAIC’s Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group is seeking an Energy Analyst to assist Chief of Naval Operations, Energy and Environmental Readiness Division (OPNAV N45). This position will be located at the Pentagon. OPNAV N45 requires on-site expert contractor support to gather and analyze data related to Navy energy consumption and programs; inform strategic analysis of trends in energy markets; make recommendations on Navy energy strategy, goals, and metrics; provide technical expertise for Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) requirements; produce programmatic and policy analysis; draft presentations and other materials to inform internal and external stakeholders about energy programs and issues; provide technical knowledge of energy technology, alternative fuels, science and technology initiatives, and associated policy; provide technical and program management expertise for major system acquisition programs through the Defense Acquisition System process, Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System process, and the Navy Gate Review process; provide expertise for energy in the Navy training and education continuum; and provide support for development of strategic communication tools and technologies to maximize reach of Navy energy program messaging.
Specific Tasking shall include:
- Review legislation, executive orders, policy, and strategy documents related to Navy energy equities, including draft documents, and provide feedback to the government.
- Conduct quick response qualitative and quantitative analysis of energy issues, responses to taskers, and inquiries regarding Navy energy programs in coordination with other Navy stakeholders to provide detailed summary reports for Navy leadership to support informed decision making.
- Provide executive-level support for coordination of Executive Steering Committee meetings, including agenda development, coordination with stakeholders for brief development, Flag Officer and Senior Executive Service scheduling, space and Video Tele- Conferencing arrangements, meeting minutes, and tasker tracking.
- Use Navy task management processes to respond to routine and ad-hoc requests for information regarding issues with N45 Energy equity, including non-secure tasking management, Congressional Information Management System, classified tasking management, and internal N45 Energy processes.
- Support the coordination of issues pertaining to the Navy energy program with staff and senior officials in the offices of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Energy (DASN(Energy)), ASN(EI&E), ASD(EI&E), Navy Resource Sponsors, SYSCOMs, Fleet commands, federal agencies outside DoD, and non- governmental organizations to provide information about the Navy energy program and protect Navy equities.
- Facilitate meetings, program reviews, and other means of stakeholder engagement, draft meeting agendas, minutes, point papers, talking points, briefings, draft emails pertaining to Navy energy program issues.
- Evaluate system acquisition programs during the Defense Acquisition System process, Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) process, and Navy Gate Review process to assess threshold and objective values associated with the energy key performance parameter.
- Coordinate with OPNAV requirements officers and SYSCOM program representatives to recommend and advocate for energy efficiency considerations in Navy system acquisition programs.
- Develop policy and guidance to support implementation of best practices in Navy system acquisition programs to incorporate energy efficiency.
- Support N45 Energy participation in Resources and Requirements Review Board meetings through brief review, development of talking points to support the N4 position on particular issues associated with Defense Acquisition System programs.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Navy training and education initiatives to incorporate energy- related lessons into the Navy officer and enlisted training continuum in coordination with ASN(EI&E), OPNAV, Fleet, and SYSCOM stakeholders.
- Coordinate updates to the Navy Operational Energy General Military Training (GMT) module with Naval Training and Education Command (NETC) representatives.
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Engineering or Environmental Studies or other related degree and three (3) years or more experience. Masters and one (1) year of expereicne.
- 3 years’ experience with Department of Defense and/or Department of Navy Energy Programs
- Excellent communication and computer skills; MS Office®, specifically Word®, Excel®, and PowerPoint®.
- Possess strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and writing skills.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Navy Energy Policy.
- Experience with DoD Education and Training policy and procedures.
- Experience with Defense Acquisition System process.
- 3 years’ experience supporting a Command Staff or equivalent level organization.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 24, 2016, 4:28:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: