Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Senior Backup Storage Engineer (Job Number:419373)
SAIC is hiring a Senior Backup Storage Engineer
to support our SEC Project in Washington, DC
SAIC is seeking a talented individual to join the Enterprise Infrastructure Team in the area of storage support and storage management within the SEC Data Centers and continuity sites. The SEC operates more than 500 terabytes of enterprise storage (EMC, NetApp), and the SEC Server infrastructure is over 90% virtualized, utilizing storage-based replication between the two Data Centers to ensure high availability and disaster recovery.
The SEC Storage environment consists of two production Data Centers and a third development site.
The Senior Backup Storage Engineer shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of the storage area network (SAN), and shall integrate multi-vendor solutions utilizing a vendor agnostic approach to design and implementation of advance storage solutions.
The Storage Engineers will support the SAN team in managing the SAN and in the analysis, identification, and resolution of IT incidents, specifically as related to Storage systems. They shall also monitor storage capacity, perform forecasting, and administer the NetApp clustered data ONTAP system.
The Senior Backup Storage Engineer will define, design, and develop system requirements for backup storage. Perform trade-off analysis of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, and other system or program requirements. Assess architecture and current hardware limitations, define and design system specifications, and evaluate input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system. Define system support requirements to include monitoring, capacity, staffing, and patching/updating. Analyze and resolve program support deficiencies. Conduct independent technical investigations in systems design. Evaluate vendor capabilities using processes similar to DAR to provide required products or services.
- Manage customer and stakeholder needs, generate and develop requirements, and perform functional analysis
- Act as a mentor to junior team members
- Collect, analyze, track, and report program metrics
- Identify program objectives and technical development strategy
- Prepare System Engineering Management Plan, Work Breakdown Structures, master schedules, and key performance parameters
- Develop and implement risk and opportunity management plans; identify, assesses, and track risks; develop mitigation plans
- Responsible for the administering, configuring, and deploying all backup and recovery solutions for the SAN
- Design backup solution and ensure backups are completed as scheduled
- Manage all backup and recovery tools and systems
- Assist in the deployment of backup strategies for all infrastructure components
The Storage and Backup Storage Engineers will be assigned to the first shift and will be expected to:
- participate in an on-call rotation;
- support night and weekend maintenance activities; and
- provide emergency response support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, within a 2-hour response window.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of a Degree is acceptable. Master’s Degree desired.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience providing enterprise backup and recovery solutions for a storage area network. Experience with the SNAP Manager tool.
- Experience working with multiple vendor solutions, such as Symantec
- Recent experience managing a Windows Server Team in a Federal Agency of approximately 4,500 users in multiple geographically dispersed locations in the U.S.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work
Securities and Exchange Commission Headquarters (SEC) in Washington, DC
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 30, 2016, 8:09:05 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: